Easiest Way to Make Perfect Slow Cooker Turkey and Sausage Lasagna
Slow Cooker Turkey and Sausage Lasagna. Kids will love this lasagna made with turkey sausage in the Crock Pot–and parents will love that it's packed with vitamin-rich zucchini and squash! The veggies also add moisture to the slow-cooker lasagna, which keeps it from drying out. Serve with garlic toast, if desired.
However, making lasagna in the slow-cooker yields lovely browned edges and a convincing baked flavor. Slow cooker turkey, veggie and feta lasagna. This slow cooker lasagna is the perfect healthy meal to come home to after a busy + some organic turkey sausage (more flavor than regular ground turkey) and fresh basil. You can cook Slow Cooker Turkey and Sausage Lasagna using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Turkey and Sausage Lasagna
- You need 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- You need 1/2 of roll pork sausage.
- Prepare 1 can of stewed tomato (Italian style).
- Prepare 1 jar of Pasta Sauce (with basil).
- It’s 6 of no boil lasagna noodles.
- Prepare slices of Provolone cheese.
- It’s of Shredded italian style cheese (mix of cheeses).
Spoon some of the sauce mixture into the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Break the noodles in half if you need to. Add to the slow cooker, cooked ground turkey, marinara, chicken broth, parsley sprigs, salt, and pepper. Check noodles to make sure they are tender, but not mushy.
Slow Cooker Turkey and Sausage Lasagna instructions
- In a skillet, brown Ground turkey and pork sausage..
- Drain fat (should be minimal).
- Turn off heat and add jar of pasta sauce and can of stewed tomatoes to skillet and mix well.
- Spray crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread about 1/4 of the sauce and meat mixture in bottom of crock pot.
- Lay 4 slices of provolone cheese atop meat mixture.
- Break lasagna noodles so that you can lay one layer atop the cheese.
- Repeat process 2 more time alternating layers using Italian style cheese for remaining layers instead of provolone..
- Last layer should be remaining cheese.
- Set slow cooker on high and let cook for 2 hours.
Enjoy this classic Italian lasagna that's baked with turkey sausage for a cheesy, warm and delicious dinner, right at home. View full nutritional breakdown of Slow Cooker Eggplant Lasagna With Turkey Sausage calories by ingredient. Garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley if desired. The layers of this slow-cooker lasagna are stuffed with turkey, spinach and melted cheese. In a large bowl, combine turkey, marinara sauce, and tomatoes.