How to Prepare Delicious Simple risotto base topped with scallops and black pudding
Simple risotto base topped with scallops and black pudding. This authentic Italian seafood risotto is made with shrimps and scallops, but you can sub in any seafood you like, just make sure the rice and seafood are cooked separately. Replace shrimps and scallops with calamari, clams, or mussels if you prefer. Remove the casing from the black pudding and chop the pudding into slices.
The scallops are almost sweet and so perfectly light and luscious, but let's tell it like it is: searing them might not be food therapy and might require some We can do this. Fancy restaurant status is coming at you in the form of golden brown scallops, creamy Parmesan risotto, and garlic sautéed greens! ????. Transform risotto from simply a bowl of creamy rice to a well-rounded dinner. You can have Simple risotto base topped with scallops and black pudding using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple risotto base topped with scallops and black pudding
- Prepare of Risotto.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 200 g of risotto rice.
- You need 1 glass of white wine.
- You need 750 ml of veg stock.
- It’s 1 handful of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Zest and juice of a Lemon.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 40 g of black pudding.
- You need 6 of large scallops.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Before you get your risotto going, brown crumbled sausage in the pan or cook up a couple of your favorite links. We topped our pumpkin risotto off with some buttery seared scallops and some simple candied pancetta (which is basically like meat crack). Scoop the pumpkin risotto into bowls then top with freshly seared scallops, a sprinkle of candied pancetta and some fresh thyme. Stir in the Parmigiano and season to taste with salt.
Simple risotto base topped with scallops and black pudding instructions
- Finely chop the onion, celery and garlic and fry in olive oil in a heavy based pan over a medium / low heat for 10 minutes..
- Add the rice and fry for another 2 minutes, until starting to turn translucent..
- Turn up the heat to high, add the wine and reduce until all the liquid has gone. Then turn the heat back down to medium / low..
- Gradually add the stock, stirring regularly, one ladle full at a time, for 20 minutes, until the rice is soft, with just a bite to it (you might not need all of the stock)..
- Once cooked, remove from the heat, add the lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice, a handful of Parmesan cheese and a small knob of butter. Mix everything and pop a lid on the pot..
- Meanwhile heat a tsp olive oil over a medium high heat abs fry the black pudding for 2-3 minutes until crispy. Then remove from the heat..
- Fry another tbsp olive oil over a medium high heat and add the scallops. Cool one side for 2-3 minutes (depending on size). Then flip and cook for another 90 seconds. Remove from the heat..
- Serve the scallops and black pudding on a bed of risotto..
Serve immediately, sprinkling each portion with a little. For the scallops: Wash scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat a medium size pan on a high flame. Serve over spinach over risotto topped with scallops. A seasonal risotto is one of my favorite ways to celebrate spring.