How to Prepare Tasty Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe)
Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe). It is a Special food recipe by Mom's Kitchen. This recipe is made from ingredients daal mash/white lentils, onions, tomatoes, garlic ginger paste, cayenne. Easy and Delicious Desi style daal you can enjoy with both rice and chapati!
Another popular North Indian dish, Kaali Daal is also known as Ma Ki Daal (mom's lentils) since it is wholesome and delicious! Learn how to make Maa Ki Dal at home with Chef Smita Deo on Ruchkar Mejwani. Maa Ki Dal is north Indian traditional dal with Homemade flavoured Ghee and spices. You can have Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe)
- It’s 1.5 cups of Pigeon Pea (Toor Dal) or 1.5 cups Red Lentils (Masoor Dal).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee (Clarified Butter).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 3-4 of green Chillies.
- You need 4-5 cloves of Garlic (finally chopped).
- You need 1 of large Red Onion (finally chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Tomatos.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cilantro (coriander leaves).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Watch & learn how to make it at home and do let us know your feedback in the comments below. Back at home during the peak summer, Mom would make 'Aam daal' or 'Raw Mango Lentil soup'. It's tangy and sweet, with little juicy bite in between and very comforting. You would love it warm as well as cold.
Amma ka Daal (Mom's Lentil Recipe) step by step
- Wash the lentils till the water runs clean. Add turmeric to the lentils and pressure cook on medium flame for at least 6 whistles. If you are using instant pot, pressure cook for at least 30 min, till the lentils are completely mush.Heat ghee (Substituting oil/ reducing the quantity will compromise the taste) in a Kadai/ frying pan, add cumin, cook till it is fragrant. Add garlic and green chilies. Make sure that the garlic doesn't burn..
- Add onions and fry till it is brown. This step is essential. Caramelizing the onions ensures the dish has a rich flavor. Add tomatoes and mix well. Cook covered on low flame for the mixture to amalgamate and become a mush like texture. Add coriander leaves when the tomatoes are fully cooked. I store at least half of this mixture in a jar and freeze for later use..
- Add the cooked dal to this mixture, with the required amount of water. Add salt to taste and cook on medium flat for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with Jeera rice/ plain basmati rice. Pure nirvana!.
Tadka Daal – Tempered Lentil Curry. This tasty yet easy-to-cook Daal dish is hugely popular in India. There are as many versions of it as there are cooks in India! Tadka Daal is mild and easy to cook so will be loved by family members of all ages. Daal Baray and Saunf Ka Sharbat – Saadat Siddique in the latest episode of Rewayaton Ki Lazzat preparing two traditional Ramadan dishes.