Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Eddie's Eggplant Parmesan
Eddie's Eggplant Parmesan. These Eggplant Parmesan Stacks are an architectural redesign of classic eggplant parmesan only Thanks Barbara – I didn't want Eddie's comment there all by itself! I hope you do try making these. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried.
Breaded eggplant slices are layered with mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, and tomato sauce, and baked until bubbly. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. This baked eggplant parmesan recipe will become one of your family favorites! You can cook Eddie's Eggplant Parmesan using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eddie's Eggplant Parmesan
- It’s of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Eggplants.
- Prepare of Meat (I use lean pork chops).
- Prepare of Red Wine.
- You need of Italian Marinara Sauce (I use Classico).
- You need of Shredded Parmesian Cheese.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- Prepare of Tomatoes (I use Oaxacan Pink Tomatoes).
Let the hot eggplant Parmesan rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. My eggplant parmesan recipe will be the one you use over and over again. The extra prep step is Eggplant parmesan will always be one of my top favorite comfort foods. Their eggplant Parmesan inspired the eggplant lasagna in my cookbook, which includes long strips of roasted eggplant layered between the noodles and marinara.
Eddie's Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Preheat Oven to 350F, slice up eggplants, and spray a metal cooking tray with non-stick spray (Tall sides needed)..
- Place eggplant slices and your meat of choice on the pan, and sprinkle all with Italian seasoning and olive oil. Then place the pan in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes..
- While cooking: shred parmesian into a sufficient pile, begin boiling water for the pasta, and prepare the sauce. The sauce consists of the Marinara sauce, chopped up tomatoes, and a little red wine mixed in a bowl..
- When the water is boiling, put in the pasta so it can cook during the next step..
- Pull out the pan (When the 20 min timer is up) and pour the sauce over the eggplants and meat. Place the pan back in the oven, and set a timer for 10 min..
- When the pasta is almost finished, open up the oven and sprinkle the shredded Parmesian over the centents of the pan. Put back in so it can melt, and turn off the oven (but keep the oven closed so it is melting the cheese)..
- Once the pasta is ready and the cheese is melted, you are ready to eat! Place the meat on one side of each plate, and serve the sauce/eggplant/tomato mixture over the pasta..
Have you had the chance to try that one? One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant. And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit with salt to draw out. While eggplant parmesan is usually served over pasta (often spaghetti) in the U.