Easiest Way to Make Tasty Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti
Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti. How about Italian for dinner tonight? Ziti and Italian sausage baked with mushrooms, onion, celery, mozzarella and a simple tomato sauce. This is great but the second time I made it I made modifications: I sauteed the sausage along with the vegetables and then just added the tomatoes and seasonings.
What Meat is in Baked Ziti? I like to use sweet Italian sausage. Usually it is sold in casings. You can cook Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti
- It’s 4 quarts of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 12 ounces of ziti pasta.
- It’s 2 ounces of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sweet Italian turkey sausage link — remove from the skin (pork works great too).
- You need 5 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- You need 1 of small Vidalia onion — julienne.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 of small jalapeno (if you like it spicy leave the seeds in) — finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium red bell pepper — julienned.
- It’s 3 ounces of button mushroom — quartered.
- Prepare 14 1/2 ounces of petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 ounces of tomato paste.
- You need 8 ounces of heavy cream.
- It’s as needed of salt.
- Prepare 8 leaves of basil — chiffonade cut (fine ribbon).
- It’s of as desired Parmesan cheese.
Whatever you do, don't feel wed. Throw in some Italian sausage and sweet peppers, and the smell of this baked casserole will lure everybody into the kitchen even though the sun's While the baked ziti is in the oven, all you need to do is throw together a salad, or steam (or grill!) some vegetables to serve with it. Sweet Italian Sausage Rolls Big Bang Bites. Cook the ziti according to the package directions.
Sweet Italian Sausage Vegetable Ziti step by step
- Bring the water to a boil with the salt. Cook the pasta per the box directions. Drain and place in a covered bowl..
- In a large sauce pot break up the sausage and saute the sausage with the olive oil until lightly browned about 4 minutes over a moderately high heat.
- Add the garlic and the onions and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the fennel seed, oregano and black pepper..
- Add the jalapenos and the red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the diced tomatoes with juice the tomato paste and heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt as needed Add the cut basil and add just before service..
- Toss with the pasta and serve..
You'll enjoy: • Butternut Squash Bisque • Ground Beef Lo Mein • Ziti with Sausage and Peppers • Italian-Style Braised Pork Chops • French Dip Sandwiches • Chicken Fajitas • Sweet and Sour Shrimp • And much more! This amazing baked ziti recipe is lightened up with roasted vegetables. Golden mozzarella, sizzling red sauce and pasta make this vegetarian ziti delicious! Here she is, the lightened-up baked ziti of my dreams. This baked ziti has all of lasagna's saucy, mozzarella-topped appeal, but is easier to pull off.