Recipe: Yummy Italian wedding soup
Italian wedding soup. Be the first to rate & review! After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Wedding soup or Italian wedding soup is an Italian soup consisting of green vegetables and meat.
I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. This Italian wedding soup recipe is simple to make and the absolute BEST thing to eat! You can cook Italian wedding soup using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup
- It’s of meatballs.
- You need 1 of small onion. grated.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped fresh italian parsley.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 slice of fresh white bread crust trimmed, torn into small pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 8 oz of ground beef.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of soup.
- It’s 12 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 lb of curly endive or escarole chopped.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan.
- It’s 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 box of acini di pepe pasta.
My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth. Served at every Italian-American wedding across the nation, Italian Wedding Soup is something no self-respecting Italian-American couple would ever think of getting married without it.
Italian wedding soup instructions
- To make the meatballs: stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet..
- To make the soup: bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the meatballs, curly endive and pasta and simmer until meatballs and pasta are cooked through. About 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan..
Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. This Italian Wedding Soup Recipe is simply the best! Made with acini de pepe, beef and pork meatballs, carrots, celery, greens, and Parmesan cheese. Italian Wedding Soup from Delish.com is a comforting bowl of goodness. Try This Hearty Italian Wedding Soup. by Delish US.