Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Tomato Curry Style Bolognese Sauce
Tomato Curry Style Bolognese Sauce.
You can cook Tomato Curry Style Bolognese Sauce using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Curry Style Bolognese Sauce
- It’s 200 grams of Pasta of your choice (thicker than 1.6 mm, or penne are best I think).
- Prepare 200 grams of Ground meat (beef or mixed beef and pork, whichever you prefer).
- You need 1/2 can of Canned tomatoes (diced type if possible).
- It’s 2 of cloves' worth Garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 80 grams of – Caramelized Onions (or use storebought).
- You need 1 of onion worth B. Onion (pureed or grated in a food processor etc.).
- Prepare 50 ml of Red wine.
- It’s 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of Soup stock cube.
- You need 2 of pieces from a block Commercial curry roux.
- You need 1 of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of plus A. Tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 of A. Garam masala.
- You need 1 of A. Cumin.
- It’s 1 of A. Chili powder (for the grownups).
- You need 1 of B. Salt.
- It’s 1 of B. Black pepper.
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
Tomato Curry Style Bolognese Sauce instructions
- Make"Caramelized Onions". You can make caramelized onions, which are usually very tedious, in about 15 minutes without fail using this method, so I recommend it. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143607-oil-free-easy-and-timesaving-caramelized-onions.
- I often use frozen batches of the caramelized onion. If it's too much work for you though, you can use 80 g of storebought caramelized onions..
- Chop up the garlic finely as indicated in the ingredient list..
- Put the extra virgin olive oil and garlic in a cold frying pan. Use low heat, and slowly transfer the fragrance of the garlic to the oil..
- When the garlic smells nice, add the ground meat to the pan. Sprinkle in the nutmeg and the B. seasoning ingredients generously. Sauté the meat over medium heat until crumbly..
- Add the red wine and cook over high heat until it has reduced, then put in the canned tomatoes and the B. onions..
- Put the soup stock cubes, the Step 1 caramelized onions and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes. If there's too much liquid, simmer for a while longer..
- Add the curry roux pieces, and lower the heat so that it won't burn. Stir to dissolve the roux. Add the A. seasoning ingredients to finish, and the sauce is done..
- I use this curry roux; 1 piece is this size. Taste the sauce after adding the roux, and if you want it to taste more curry-like add more roux, 1 piece at a time..
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain and mix with the sauce. Serve..
- This is like a combination of regular bolognese sauce and qeema curry. The two types of onion added make it taste so good, and it's quite addictive..
- Serve with a generous amount of the sauce. It's great for lunch on your own, but it's really well suited to being served on a big platter to be enjoyed by a crowd..
- This sauce is delicious on pizza or in gratinéed dishes. It can be frozen too, so I recommend making a large batch of it..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)