Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Gyro Burgers
You can have Gyro Burgers using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gyro Burgers
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground lamb.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground chuck.
- You need 10 of flat buns or pita pockets.
- Prepare 10 oz of tzatziki sauce ( more or less depends on how much u put on it).
- It’s 1 large of tomato ( thin sliced).
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion (thin sliced).
- Prepare of seasoning for meat:.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of dried mint.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of dried tyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
Gyro Burgers step by step
- In a large bowl mix meats and all seasonings well with hands. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour..
- Heat grill, skillet or griddle..
- Make 10 nice big round patties. Like u normally would for burgers..
- (This is where I freeze any I won't need to make this evening) I also place a small hole in center of patty to help with puffing and shrinkage. About a small pinky size hole.).
- Cook burgers like u normally would. Leaving a tad pink in center but at a safe temp..
- Set burgers on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess grease (if u want to ).
- Warm pitas or flat buns for a few second in microwave..
- Assemble burgers by spreading some tzatziki sauce on each half of flatbuns..
- Place burger on one side..
- Place tomato and onion on top..
- Place other bun sauce side down..
- Serve hot and enjoy! :).
- Makes about 10 burgers depending on the size u make them..
- U can add other condiments on your burger, its also good with ketchup and pickles. :).
- Thanks given to bbqtvtv.com for his greek rub I used for this, also for taylor68too for her addition to the seasonings I used. And to skunkmonkey for the tzatziki sauce recipe I used for this. :).
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)