Recipe: Delicious Mushroom Gravy Sauce for Steak
Mushroom Gravy Sauce for Steak. How To Make Mushroom Gravy Sauce: for Steak, Beef Recipe: Red Wine Sauce, Garlic: from Scratch: Roast Beef Gravy: w/ broth, flour, butter: Mom's BEST. A highly versatile creamy Mushroom Sauce for steak, chicken, pork chops and other seared proteins. Luxurious yet incredibly simple to make.
Mushroom sauce can be done with any type of stock, but I used beef stock here since I'm going to be serving with meatloaf. I love mushrooms and I loved this gravy. I used salted butter – salted the mushrooms, as instructed and did not use low sodium beef broth. You can cook Mushroom Gravy Sauce for Steak using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Gravy Sauce for Steak
- It’s 8 oz of mushroom.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry red wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cold water.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
Serve this richly-flavored mushroom gravy over steaks, meatloaf, or roast chicken for a delicious meal. Made with mushrooms, beef broth, and spices. Whether served over steaks, meatloaf, or roast chicken, this versatile mushroom gravy recipe is a winner and so much better tasting than any. This mushroom steak sauce is sauteed mushrooms in a savory brown sauce enriched with butter.
Mushroom Gravy Sauce for Steak instructions
- Saute mushrooms in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beef broth and simmer to reduce a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and cold water and whisk until smooth. Stir into the mushrooms until well blended.
- Season to taste and simmer for about 1 minute, until thickened. If too thick, add a bit more broth.
- Add parsley simmer for a minute.
- Serve on top of steak! Enjoy!.
This mushroom sauce makes the absolute best A generous spoonful of mushroom steak sauce on top! This mushroom sauce is super easy to make, and will make your steaks taste like they came. And not only does this mushroom gravy taste great on meatloaf it's also great on steak!! So to make this mushroom gravy start off cooking the chopped onion and mushrooms in olive oil, butter or pan drippings (your choice). One of my favorite mushroom sauce recipes!