Recipe: Perfect Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce
Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce. And – this wonderful mushroom sauce would be great served over just about any cut of steak! Today's recipe will also show you how to cook a filet Disclosure: We were lucky enough to receive some wonderful filet mignon a few months from our friends at Certified Angus Beef for recipe development. Learn how to make Filet Mignon with Mushroom-Wine Sauce.
Top each serving with mushroom-wine sauce to serve. Season both sides of the filet mignon generously with salt and pepper. Wrap a piece of bacon around the sides of each steak and secure with butcher's twine. You can have Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce
- It’s 4 of beef tenderloin steaks.
- Prepare 4 of bacon strips.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of tooth sticks.
- Prepare of the sauce.
- Prepare 200 grams of mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 200 grams of cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Mix in the demi-glace, stirring to combine. Put the steaks and mushrooms back in the pan and coat in the pan sauce. Add red wine; bring to a boil. For me there's nothing like Filet Mignon cooked to perfection.
Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce step by step
- Preheat oven at 350°F if available..
- Get the steaks wrapped around with bacon. Like a ring around. Hold it with the tooth sticks.
- Put a pan ( big enough for the four filets) on high flame. Add some oil and seal the filets for 40 seconds on each side..
- Put salt and pepper on both sides of the filets and put them in an oven tray and into the oven. A secret for tender steaks is not to put salt until the very end or after they are sealed, salt makes meat hard. For meat lovers salt and pepper is just enough! :).
- Meanwhile, on the same pan you just used, put the flame in high again, add some more oil and the chopped onion. Let it fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the wine to make a "déglacé". French for (unsticking the rests of a meal from its cooking recipient with a liquid; water, wine, lime, etc).
- After one minute low the flame a little and add the mushrooms in thick slices or chunks. Let them cook for three minutes..
- Add the cream, low the flame a little more, take the filets from the oven and put them into the sauce. Add also the juices from the meat. Let cook for one more minute and ready!! Serve and enjoy. A good purée is perfect for accompanying this delicious dish!.
- Oops!! Don't forget to take the toothsticks out before you serve them! ;).
And, to make it even better, we serve it with this classic, smooth sauce, full of character Let the filet mignon cook in the sauce, turning them periodically, for a few minutes. Plate the medallions with the mushrooms and the sauce on top. Try delicious Omaha Steaks Filet Mignons in this simple yet elegant recipe for Filet Mignon with Mushrooms. In this easy-to-make dish, a slice of fresh French bread is topped with a tender filet mignon, and is then covered in a creamy mushroom sauce that features just a dash of scotch for a. Filet mignon is the kind of steak that we don't all get to enjoy all of the time, so why not pair this dish up with a delicious sauce to accompany it?