Recipe: Appetizing Bean "Salsa"tion Burger
Bean "Salsa"tion Burger. Mash beans with a potato masher in a large bowl until no whole ones remain. Stir in the drained salsa, tortilla chips, grated onion, egg, mayonnaise, chili powder, cumin and salt. Place beans in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
Oats act as a binder meaning this veggie burger stays intact when you consume it. Top with juicy tomato slices, creamy avocado, crunchy red onion and fresh lettuce for the ultimate healthy. These Black Bean Salsa Burgers are so simple, it's almost embarrassing. You can cook Bean "Salsa"tion Burger using 27 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean "Salsa"tion Burger
- It’s 500 gms of Beans of your choice (canned).
- Prepare 150 gms of Sweet corn (canned).
- You need 100 gms of rice Over – cooked.
- It’s 1 of Onion small.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic – 4.
- You need 1 of pepper small Jalapeño.
- Prepare 1 of Paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Cumin seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oregano Dried.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Chilly powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of Coriander leaves (chopped).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Lime zest.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of tomato Ripe.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of pepper Jalapeño.
- It’s 50 gms of Sweet corn (canned).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Coriander leaves (chopped).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Lime juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of Ketchup.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of avocado Ripe.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Iceberg lettuce.
You can whip these up in literally just minutes. They hold together well, so stick them on a bun and load it up with your favorite toppings. Serve them with these Crispy Potato Rounds and you've got yourself a meal! Salsa Black Bean Burgers with just four ingredients you probably already have on hand – canned beans, oats, whole wheat flour, and salsa.
Bean "Salsa"tion Burger step by step
- Start by washing the beans off their salty brine. You can use any type of beans for this recipe. Here, I am using a mixture of black beans, red kidney beans and brown dutch beans in the ratio 1:1:1. Let the beans rest to drain any moisture left in them..
- Chop up the onion, jalapeño pepper, garlic and paprika really finely. You can also use a food processor for this step..
- Sauté the cut veggies in an open pan with oil over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes. Season this mixture with salt and pepper while you're at it. After this step, turn off the fire and let the mixture cool to room temperature..
- In a bowl, take the washed beans, rice and sautéed veggies. Mix the contents of the bowl well with your hands/potato masher. Then take half the mixture and pulverize in a blender/food processor. Return this back to the original mixture and combine well..
- In an itsy-bitsy tempering pan :), roast coriander and cumin seeds until fragrant. Once done, take it off the heat and add the dried oregano to the warm pan and mix to distribute the heat. When this spice mix is cooled to room temperature, grind it finely in a spice mixer/blender..
- Now, to the original patty mix, add 1) Chopped coriander, 2) Sweet corn, 3) Ground spices, 4) Chilly powder and 5) Lime zest. Mix this very well until uniformly combined. Now is the time to season the patty with salt and pepper..
- Oil your hands or use an ice-cream scoop to make patties based on the size of your bun, onto a plate lined with baking paper. Bear in mind that these are soft patties unlike the mushroom or falafel burgers and so you may want to make them slightly thicker. The measurements above yield four 1.5 cm thick patties. Once rolled out, refrigerate the patties open for at least an hour..
- Meanwhile, let's get to making the pico de gallo salsa. Finely chop the tomato, jalapeño pepper and onion and mix well in a bowl..
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime and mix in chopped coriander, sweet corn and tomato ketchup..
- Season well with salt and a touch of pepper, mix well and refrigerate this mixture for at least 30 mins..
- By now you may have guessed, it's time to… prepare for assembly! Thinly slice your avocados and drizzle them with lemon juice to prevent them from going brown. Also, season them generously with salt. Toast your buns on a hot grill after brushing them with some oil..
- Brush some oil on the patties and grill them on a smoking hot grill pan for 1 minute on either sides. Then reduce the flame to a simmer and and drop some mozzarella cheese on the patty. Cook with a lid on for at least 8-10 minutes on low flame..
- Carefully lift the patty off the grill and assemble the burger. Serve with some tortilla chips and the rest of the salsa..
You won't believe how easy they are to make and how much flavor they have. As a food blogger, I usually feel the pressure to make everything homemade. Whether you're exploring eating vegetarian, or just want to add more veggies to your diet, bean burgers are a great way to do either. Homemade bean burgers are a wonderful source of plant-based protein, along with fiber and some vitamins. Try foraying into meatless burgers with one of our ten most popular bean burger recipes.