Recipe: Appetizing Mbaazi za nazi
Mbaazi za nazi. Today i am sharing with you a very easy and simple way on how to make mbaazi za Nazi (Pigeon peas in coconut sauce). This dish is like a favourite. Mbaazi za nazi is a specialty of Kenya's Coastal region, consisting of pigeon peas (mbaazi) cooked in coconut milk.
This is also an East African dish. It is usually served with Mandazi (coconut bread). The combination of the two is heavenly! You can have Mbaazi za nazi using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mbaazi za nazi
- You need 1/2 kg of mbaazi (pigeon peas).
- Prepare of Sliced onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper.
- You need of Some fresh chilies.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut cream.
Try it for your self. one pound pigeon Peas cleaned, soaked, and rinsed. one or two cups each of "thick" and "thin" coconut milk. oil. one or two onions, chopped. one hot green chile pepper, cleaned and chopped. one teaspoon curry powder—or turmeric. salt, to taste. Pigeon Peas In Coconut Milk With Coconut Rice Mbaazi Za Nazi. Mbaazi za nazi.#local ingredients contest. mbaazi(pegion peas), Vitunguu, Hoho, Nyanya, Saumuu Mbaazi za nazi #localfoodcontest_Mombasa. mbaazi, onion, garlic cloves, green chillie, turmeric. Inasemekana ukichemsha mbaazi zikishaiva kabla ya kuziunga, unatakiwa uzisuze na maji alafu Bajia za kunde /jinsi ya kupika bhajia (black eyed peas) with english subtitles. jamani eh anayejua mapishi ya mbaazi za nazi zinakuwa kama keki vile maarufu sana mitaa ya Kariakoo na magomeni unafungiwa kwenye karatasi ,unaweza kusafiri.
Mbaazi za nazi step by step
- Soak your mbaazi overnight. Drain the water in the morning and rinse with clean water. Boil the mbaazi till soft and tender.
- Prepare all the other ingredients.
- In your cooking pot, add the mbaazi followed by the coconut milk. Now add all the other other ingredients except the coconut cream.
- Mix everything together and bring to boil on medium heat until the coconut milk is almost dried up. Careful not to burn your mbaazi. Turn off your heat and set aside..
- Take another pan snd heat it up. Add in your one cup of coconut cream and bring to a boil. Keep stirring until you get a thick consistency on medium low heat..
- Take your mbaazi and lay them nicely in your serving bowl or dish. Drizzle the coconut cream on top of the pigeon peas – be generous ????. You can have it for breakfast with mahamri like i did????????.
Bajia za kunde /jinsi ya kupika bhajia (black eyed peas) with english subtitles. Jinsi ya kupika mbaazi za nazi na sosi ya tui la nazi[. Mbaazi za nazi are pigeon peas cooked in coconut milk, and mahamri are sweet and deep-fried pieces of dough similar to doughnuts. Pigeon peas are purely a breakfast item in the coastal region. Upishi wa mchicha wakukaanga na nazi , kabeji,mbaazi,maharagwe,maboga..