Recipe: Tasty Beer Brat Bowl
Beer Brat Bowl.
You can have Beer Brat Bowl using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beer Brat Bowl
- You need 5 of beer brats; cut into 6ths.
- Prepare 1 C of long grain rice.
- You need 16 oz of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.
- You need 2 stalks of celery; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion; small dice.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper; small dice.
- Prepare 2 of green tomatoes; small dice.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic; slivered.
- It’s 1 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- Prepare 1 t of dried oregano.
- You need 2 T of butter.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- It’s as needed of parmigiano reggiano.
Beer Brat Bowl step by step
- In a seperate saucepot, bring beer to a boil. Immediately kill heat and stir to subside foam. Turn heat to low to keep at a simmer..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large, tall saute pan..
- Add sausage. Sear well on one side over medium-high heat..
- Add onions, peppers, and celery. Stir..
- Season with dried oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Saute 2 minutes..
- Add green tomatoes. Stir. Cook 2 minutes..
- Add butter and garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Add rice. Stir well. Cook 1 minute..
- Add beer. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Cook approximately 15-18 minutes or until liquid is no longer running. (Easiest with a clear lid.).
- Garnish with parmigiano reggiano.
- Variations; Vegetable oil, vegetable stock, other light lagers, bratwurst, Italian sausages, Portuguese sausages, cheddar stuffed sausages, chicken stock, pork stock, apple juice or cider, red tomatoes, parsely, parmesean, romano, dill, burrata cheese, feta, chives, corn, mustard, red onion, sea salt, savory, scallions,.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)