Recipe: Appetizing Jill's Beer Braised Chicken
Jill's Beer Braised Chicken.
You can cook Jill's Beer Braised Chicken using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jill's Beer Braised Chicken
- You need 2 lb of Boneless, skinless chicken thigh.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 2 medium of Celery.
- Prepare 1 large of Green Bell pepper.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chipotle (canned).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Pickled jalapeños (jar).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 each of Link pork jalapeños (my fave) or andouille sausage.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 12 oz of Lager Beer.
- Prepare 14 oz of Diced tomatoes (or 2 1/2 can rotel).
- You need 1 cup of Chicken broth with 2 Bay leaves and cayenne to taste.
- It’s of Hot sauce and scallions for garnish.
Jill's Beer Braised Chicken step by step
- Chop onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, chipotle, jalapeños, thyme. Have flour ready, Beer ready, chicken broth, tomatoes. I make an assembly line by the deep Dutch oven or, My favorite- Ceramic Cast iron pot to be used.
- Olive oil (4 rounds) in the pot with a pat of Butter. Salt and pepper all sides of Thighs. Sear chicken thighs 4 minutes each side. Do in batches to brown better. Place on clean plate and set aside covered. Same pot toss in All of the chopped veggies – From Onions to Thyme. Crumble sausage to cook in with veggies about 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle flour in with veg and sausage in pot. Pour in Beer. Once foam simmers, add chicken Stock, then tomatoes. This will thicken. Cradle Chicken thighs back in the pot and cook on low for 2 hours. (Lid off) The longer, the better..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)