How to Make Yummy French Onion Beef & Noodles
French Onion Beef & Noodles. In cooker, layer half each of the beef, mushrooms and onion; repeat layers. Serve French Onion Pot Roast with cheesy baguette toasts. Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast.
French onion casserole is an easy and hearty casserole filled with ground beef, onions, French onion dip, cream of mushroom soup, noodles, and is great for a busy weeknight dinner. The delicious flavor of ground beef perfectly combines with the rich french onion and a touch of creamy noodles. This is super yummy, easy, and budget-friendly, comfort food that can be prepared in less than an hour. You can cook French Onion Beef & Noodles using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Onion Beef & Noodles
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 of yellow onion diced.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 bag of egg noodles.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded swiss.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 of bay leafs.
- Prepare Pinch of thyme.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-high. If you're in the market for a good slow cooker, here's the one I have and love. Stir in soup; bring to a boil. Add in the onions and reduce the heat to medium low.
French Onion Beef & Noodles instructions
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Drain and set aside..
- Put onions and butter, bay leaf and thyme, salt and pepper, in skillet and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Cook egg noodles according to package..
- Add mushrooms, cook for 5 more minutes. Remove bay leaf. Add back the beef, add red wine, Worcestershire, beef broth, and flour..
- Once the sauce thickens stir in the sour cream, and add the egg noodles. Season to taste. Top with swiss and put a lid on it let it sit over low heat untill the cheese melts..
- Serve hot..
Extra meat and extra cheese make this soup over the top! It seems as though most of the country is covered with snow now! Take this recipe and make it your way, but this particular recipe goes the route of slowly caramelizing onions, lightly coating the beef chunks with a flour mix for a nice sear before braising, and lots of chunky vegetables. Toss in a layer of potatoes on the bottom, then the roast and add the remaining veggies around the edges. Sprinkle on the onion soup mix and pour on the french onion soup.