How to Prepare Perfect Mateo's Pork Green Chile
Mateo's Pork Green Chile.
You can cook Mateo's Pork Green Chile using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mateo's Pork Green Chile
- Prepare 8-10 lbs of Pork Butt Shoulder.
- Prepare 3 of Yellow Onions.
- Prepare 2 lbs of Hatch Mild Green Chile's (fresh or frozen cleaned).
- Prepare 1 lb of Hatch Big Jim peppers (fresh or frozen cleaned).
- It’s 2 lbs of Hatch Medium Green Chile's (fresh or frozen cleaned).
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can of Hunts crushed tomatos.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can of tomatillas.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 6-8 of mild – medium hot jalapenos (heat to your liking).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Chili powder.
- It’s 2 of , 32oz boxes of Chicken bone broth.
- Prepare 6 Bottles of Corona Beer.
- Prepare 6 cups of Water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
Mateo's Pork Green Chile step by step
- I prefer to get seasonal fresh peppers. I usually get the frozen ones as I don't have time to clean them myself. However you may purchase peppers from one of the stands but always make sure they are Hatch. I think it does make a difference.
- Preparing the Pork Butt. You will need a pan or electric skillet large enough to hold 8 to 9 lb of meat. I cut the pork up as close as I can to 1in cubes. You'll need enough vegetable oil 2 coat the bottom of the pan. Heat on high as to Brown as much as possible the pork. Add Salt and pepper with the chili powder. Make sure to cook pork thoroughly. Drinking a Corona beer would be wise at this point..
- You will need a large pot, capable of holding 48 cups of liquid. Add together the Green Chiles, Crushed Tomatoes, Tomotillas, Garlic cloves (thinly sliced), Cumin, and Both Boxes of Chicken Bone broth. Put burner on medium – low Heat for approximately 15 minutes. I would also drink one Corona beer at this point..
- Chop onion and jalapeno into small chopped mixture and add to the rest of the Chili's broth spices..
- At this point I would add 2 Corona beers to the pot and drink one for myself..
- After the pork has been properly cooked and browned to your liking you can add it to the mixture. Turn burner to high only long enough to bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture turns to a boil reduce heat to medium-low again and stir making sure there is no chance of it sticking. I like to simmer this mixture together for approximately 50 minutes on low. Mix flour and water together with warm water and pour into the pot gently stirring to ensure it makes us properly throughout the whole batch..
- At this point you may decide to save the remaining beer to put out any fire in your mouth from the Green Chile. however it is pretty much ready to eat..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)