Recipe: Yummy Hayashi Rice with tons of vegetables
Hayashi Rice with tons of vegetables. This video will show you how to make Hayashi Rice, a popular western style Japanese dish. Thinly sliced beef and mushroom are cooked in demi-glace. Hayashi Rice (ハヤシライス）is a western style Japanese dish similar to a beef stew with onions and mushrooms.
Hayashi Rice Stew is a 'yoshoku' dish (a Japanese dish heavily influenced by Western cuisine) made from tender beef and fresh vegetables with a tomato-rich demi glace sauce. Serve this stew as an evening meal, particularly on colder nights when the need for something warm and filling is greater. • Hayashi Rice is Japanese beef stew poured over Steamed Rice. Hayashi sauce has distinct flavors of demi-glace brown sauce and red wine. You can cook Hayashi Rice with tons of vegetables using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hayashi Rice with tons of vegetables
- You need 300 g of Thinly sliced beef.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of celery.
- You need 200 g of your favorite mushrooms.
- It’s 3 of ~5 grilled vegetables as a relish.
- You need 10 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 200 g of canned tomato(minced).
- You need 1/2 of canned demi-glace（150g).
- It’s 1 Tsp of red wine.
- You need of some salt&pepper.
- Prepare 100-200 ml of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire-style sauce.
- It’s 800 g of cooked rice.
Add all the chopped vegetables and stir fry a couple of minutes. Strain beef and vegetables (this can be. Hayashi rice or hashed beef rice is a Japanese dish consisting of a beef stew with a demi-glace base that is poured over steamed rice. Authentic Japanese hayashi rice sauce mix.
Hayashi Rice with tons of vegetables instructions
- Cut and slice onion, carrot, celery into small pieces. Start stir frying in a deep frying pan with olive oil..
- Put butter in an another frying pan, when the butter has melted, add beef and stir until it's browned..
- Add red wine and mushrooms, salt and pepper lightly, and when the mushrooms are nicely cooked..
- Add the beef and mushrooms into the deep frying pan, pour the canned tomato and water, simmer for 15 minutes over low heat (medium heat until it's boiled)..
- Add demi-glace and Worcestershire sauce, simmer for another 15 minutes. (Add salt if needed).
- Stop the heat and leave it until it cools down..
- Reheat before meal, serve it with cooked rice and grilled vegetables..
Stir fry meat, seafood, or vegetables. Add water to cook until it's medium hot then add the sauce mix. Mix well and adjust the sauce thickness as desired. Making rice out of vegetables is a healthy way to sneak more nutrients into meals for you and your family. You might be surprised — not only does vegetable rice taste just like the real thing, it's quicker and easier to make than regular rice.