Recipe: Delicious Chicken and Sausage Stew
Chicken and Sausage Stew. Place the chicken and water in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, puncture skins of sausages; place in a small saucepan and cover with water. In a large skillet, brown sausages on.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Just before the butter begins to brown, add the chicken. Cajun gumbo is the tomato-free version of this legendary Louisiana stew, though there are otherwise very few rules that govern what goes into the pot. You can have Chicken and Sausage Stew using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Sausage Stew
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of Italian sausage links, hot or sweet or a combination.
- Prepare 20 of slices of pepperoni.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, cut into strips.
- You need 2 of poblano peppers, cut into strips.
- You need 8 oz of button mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, sliced.
- You need 1 of large or 3 small carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 28 oz of can of whole italian tomatos with juices.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with juices.
- You need 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of salt and pepper throughout recipe to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil.
In this recipe, we use the classic combo of chicken and andouille sausage, but feel free to change it up with other proteins. Making Weight Watchers dinner recipes doesn't have to mean extra work or less flavor. This delicious chicken sausage stew is perfect for those nights when you need a quick, filling, and tasty meal that the whole family will love. Add the chicken stock and stir to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Chicken and Sausage Stew step by step
- In a large skillet on medium low heat saute pepperoni until crisp, remove from pan and reserve for garnish.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and season with salt and pepper. Add butter to skillet and melt and add chicken thighs and cook just until golden, only 1 to 2 minutes per side, it will cook more later. Remove to plate.
- Add sausage to skillet and brown, about 5 minutes they will also cook more in the stew. Remove sausage to a plate.
- Add all vegetables to skillet, cover abd cook on medium low until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add white wine to skillet and increase heat and cook until wine is almost gone.
- Transfer vegetables and any liquid in skillet to stockpot or dutch oven, add sausage, cut into 1 inch slices, chicken thighs, all tomatos, broth, cream, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, uncovered on low, for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Then remove chicken thighs too a bowl. Increase heat to a simmer and slowly, while stirring drizzle in the cornstarch mixture and cook until stew thickens some. About 4 minutes. Add romano cheese, and basil and return chicken, broken into bite size chunks. Then serve.
- Serve hot garnished with reserved pepperoni and additional grated romano cheese. Serve over pasta, rice or potatos or in a bowl with crusty bread for dipping.
Stir in the water and Bertolli sauce. Bring to a simmer and add the chicken, sausage and beans. Stir in the half and half, chopped spinach, and salt and pepper, to taste. This Chicken Stew with Sausage & White Beans is the perfect fall dinner! Jam-packed with flavor, this simple stew recipe is hearty and delicious!