Recipe: Appetizing Vegetarian egg rolls
Vegetarian egg rolls. Begin to fill and roll the egg rolls. Place one wrapper at a time on a clean surface and place about Turn the egg rolls over at least once during the baking time to prevent the bottoms from getting soggy. These egg rolls are made with egg roll wrappers (which you can find at most grocery stores over by all the tofu in the produce section … well at least at Kroger) shredded cabbage and carrots, green onion.
When you leave out the meat, you can use any variety of vegetables. In this veggie egg roll recipe, we use garlic, Shiitake. This is the best Vegetarian/Vegetable Egg Roll recipe. You can cook Vegetarian egg rolls using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian egg rolls
- It’s of filling.
- Prepare 1 of the wonton wrapper receipe on my profile.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil fir frying.
- You need 1 cup of oil for frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red or green chili, minced (omit for mild egg rolls).
- It’s 6 of fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced and chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Chinese cabbage OR regular "white" cabbage, sliced or shredded into thin matchstick-length pieces.
- You need 3 of spring (green) onions, sliced lengthwise into matchstick-length pieces.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (vegans can omit the egg, or substitute 1/4 cup soft tofu).
- It’s 3 cup of fresh bean sprouts.
- It’s of STIR-FRY SAUCE.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce OR vegetarian fish sauce (available at Vietnamese food stores), or substitute soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
There is no meat and dairy. It's also a vegan spring roll recipe. This egg roll/spring roll recipe is. Though meatless, these vegetarian egg rolls are far from bland, especially when served over a bed of vermicelli noodles and fresh Vietnamese aromatic herbs and dressed with a nước mắm sauce.
Vegetarian egg rolls instructions
- Mix all "stir-fry sauce" ingredients together in a cup. Set aside..
- Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl 1 Tbsp. oil around the pan, then add garlic and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance..
- Add the mushrooms plus 1 Tbsp. wine or cooking wine. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until mushrooms have softened. Add more wine whenever wok/pan becomes dry..
- Add the cabbage and spring onions, continuing to stir-fry in the same way for another 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage has softened slightly..
- Push ingredients to the side of your wok or frying pan. Break the egg(s) into the space you have made, then quickly stir (like making scrambled eggs). When most of the egg is cooked, mix it up with the other ingredients. Vegans can also add the tofu now..
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry briefly – about 1 minute, allowing the bean sprouts to stay crisp..
- Remove from heat and do a taste-test. If not salty enough, add some more fish sauce (or salt for vegans) to adjust the flavor..
- Place filling into wonton dough and roll shut. Use small amount of water to seal. Dried is better..
- Continue rolling in this way until all the filling has been used up. As you work, place finished rolls on a plate and cover with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out..
- Place 1 cup (or more) oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Oil should be about 1 inch deep. When oil starts to form thin moving lines across the bottom of the pan, turn down heat slightly..
- Dip a corner of one egg roll into the oil. If it begins to sizzle/bubble and cook, the oil is ready. If nothing happens, allow oil to heat up a little longer..
- When oil is ready, carefully slide egg rolls in, or place them in oil with tongs. Allow to cook 1 minute (or until golden brown) then use tongs to turn and cook the other side..
- Place cooked egg rolls on a clean cloth or paper towel to drain..
- Eat warm. Also good reheated so can be prepared in advanced..
Most egg rolls are filled with pork or beef or something of the like, but with these being vegetarian egg roll bowls, we're using my favorite shredded meat substitute…oyster mushrooms! This egg roll recipe is crunchy and delicious, plus fun and easy to make! The filling is made up of lots of crisp vegetables. Lay the egg roll skins on a flat surface and lightly brush edges with water. Learn how to make Vegetarian Egg Rolls.