Recipe: Perfect Baked Ziti Variation
Baked Ziti Variation. Looking for the perfect Baked Ziti Variation recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Ziti Variation recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Baked macaroni dishes like ziti combine cooked pasta with a sauce, vegetable, and/or meat — and plenty of cheese. All the ingredients are layered or tossed into a casserole dish and baked in the oven for less than an hour. Baked Ziti Variation Though I'm not Italian nor much of a chef, I like to tinker and create. You can cook Baked Ziti Variation using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti Variation
- Prepare 48 oz of spaghetti or tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of spicy Italian sausage.
- Prepare 32 oz of tri color Garden Rotini Pasta.
- You need 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Extra sharp white cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- You need 16 oz of sliced mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of merlot red wine.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- You need 4 of eggs (whisked).
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh basil (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano (chopped).
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme (chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 4 medium of mushrooms (minced).
- It’s 1 pinch of lemon pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of White or black pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of Sweet chili powder.
- Prepare 2 pinch of crushed sea salt.
Recipe variations: Chicken Baked Ziti: Substitute cooked ground or cooked cubed chicken for the Italian sausage. Rotisserie chicken is excellent for this because it is flavor packed. Baked ziti is lasagna's delicious cousin and a long-time favorite comfort food. Because of the savory richness of the cheese, meat and sauce it's very filling and great for large gatherings.
Baked Ziti Variation step by step
- In small sauce pan, saute mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and thyme with olive oil. carefully add merlot. and let simmer for 20 mins..
- in large sauce pan with medium heat, add spaghetti sauce, oregano. carefully add ingredients from saute pan into sauce. let simmer for 45 mins to an hour or more depending on preference..
- brown the ground beef and spicy sausage and drain grease, then set aside..
- in large mixing bowl, add ricotta, eggs, basil, parsley, cheddar, jack, parmesan, feta and dry seasonings, with large spoon mix until blended..
- boil dry pasta for 6 minutes until al-dente or use fresh and then mix with spaghetti sauce until covered..
- preheat oven to 350.
- in 2 13×9 deep baking or casserole pans layer pasta on bottom, then layer ground beef and sausage then cover with ricotta cheese mix, then layer again with pasta topped with slices of mozzarella. do the same for both. bake in oven for 45 mins or until cheese bubbles on top or for 75 mins if you like your top layer slightly crunchy. let cool for 5 mins, dish out and enjoy with a side of garlic toast and a glass of red wine..
Also, the baked ziti you made last night tastes even better as leftovers, so save some for later. This baked ziti with meat is absolutely awesome just like it is and I recommend at least trying it before making changes. However, there are a few subtle ways you can tweak this recipe for a new flavor twist. Here are a couple of suggestions. Make it with meatballs instead of meat sauce; Try using all sausage or no sausage at all This is, in some ways, a classic meatless baked ziti, loaded with pools of cheese and rich tomato sauce.