How to Prepare Appetizing Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven)
Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven). Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family. Get a large oven safe dutch oven pot heating over high heat. Dutch oven pot roast is juicy and fork tender right from your oven.
This one will have you pulling out the dutch oven every chance you get! I must admit, this is the best way to make a pot roast! I love my crock pot but a dutch oven really makes the best pot roasts! #potroast #beef #dutchoven. You can have Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven) using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven)
- Prepare 1 of 4- 5 lb chuck roast or 2 2 1/2 pound roasts.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves and 2 rosemary sprigs.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 of carrots right cut.
- You need 3-4 of potatoes peeled and quartered.
- It’s of Sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of good red wine.
- Prepare 2-3 of table spoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 of gloves garlic minced.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup or fresh cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1/3 of low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos.
- Prepare 1 lb of Egg noodles.
While the amount of hands-on time for this recipe is relatively short, the long In a large Dutch oven brown roast on all sides in hot oil over medium heat. Remove celery with slotted spoon; discard. Making a Pot Roast in the Dutch Oven. Here's step by step directions on how to make Dutch Oven Mississippi Roast.
Sunday Pot Roast (Dutch Oven) step by step
- Season meat in both sides with kosher salt, garlic powder and fresh pepper..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a little olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Sear meat about 2 minutes on each side until brown all around..
- While meat is searing mix the soup, wine, worcestershire, soy, and gravy master in a bowl. Set aside..
- Remove meat from Dutch oven and add a little more olive oil to pot…
- Add vegetables (except mushrooms to Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring often..
- Place meat back in Dutch oven nestled in the vegetables..
- Place 2 bay leaves and rosemary sprigs on top of roast. Pour sauce over meat..
- Pour beef broth over meat to cover most of meat and the vegetables.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours..
- After half the cooking time add mushrooms and baste the meat with some of the gravy..
- Continue cooking covered for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours..
- After 3-4 hours of cooking remove meat from pot. Remove bay leaves and rosemary and discard..
- Combine 2 table spoons of flour with 2 table spoons or more of water to create a smooth paste. Add to gravy and vegetables on stove top. Stir and then cover pot..
- Heat on stove top under a low flame until gravy is desired consistency. Bring to a slow boil. You can adjust seasoning as well.. add salt, pepper extra wine or worcestershire as necessary..
- Slice meat into thick slices and cover in gravy. Serve with vegetables and egg noodles..
- A nice side is a mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Don’t forget the biscuits!.
Liberally season both sides of the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Honestly, I always season with granulated garlic too, it's habit and won't hurt. This pot roast is made with chuck roast or rump and cooked with carrots, rutabagas, onions, beef broth, thyme, garlic, and other ingredients. In this Dutch oven pot roast recipe, I'll show you how to slow cook pot roast in the oven until it's irresistibly tender and juicy. Whether you're making a Dutch oven pot roast or a slow cooker pot roast, the specific cut of meat isn't as important as how the meat is cooked.