Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos
Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos.
You can have Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos
- It’s of Meats.
- You need 5 lb of Boneless Pork Shoulder [trim 98% of fat].
- You need of Flour Coating.
- It’s 2 cup of AP Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Powder-Onion Powder-Season Salt-Salt-Dried Cilantro-Black Pepper-Cumin & Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Green Chilie Powder [if you can find it – usually only found online].
- You need of Green Chile Burrito Simmer.
- Prepare 2 of 12 oz Buckets Hatch Green Chili [hot or mild-reserve 1/2].
- It’s 2 box of [use up to 2 boxes] Chicken Stock [reserve 1/2].
- It’s 2 can of [use up to 2 cans] Light Or Mexican Beer [reserve 1/2].
- Prepare 1 can of Rotell Tomatoes With Green Chiles.
- Prepare 3 large of White Onions [large chop].
- Prepare 4 of Celery Stalks [with leaves].
- It’s 6 large of Jalapeños [optional-rough chop].
- Prepare 2 large of Garlic Bulbs [fine chop].
- It’s 2 large of Bunches Fresh Cilantro [reserve 1/2].
- You need 2 can of 12 oz Green Tomatillos.
- You need 2 of Anaheim Chilis [optional].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 2 large of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of Each: Granulated Garlic & Onion Powder-Salt-Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Cumin.
- It’s of Primary Starches.
- It’s 4 medium of White Potatoes [peeled or unpeeled].
- You need of Breads.
- Prepare 1 large of Package 12" Flour Tortillas [regular or fluffy].
- You need of Acid Reducer.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
Mike's Authentic New Mexican Green Chile Burritos instructions
- Here's how bulk of what you'll need..
- 5 pound pork loin roast..
- Fresh flour tortillas..
- ° Cut 5 lbs pork shoulder into 1+" cubes and toss well in your seasoned flour. ° Brown pork well in an oversized skillet with a minimal amount of oil. About 1/3 cup or, as little as possible. ° Don't be afraid of any additional flour [not attached to your pork cubes] ending up in your skillet. It will serve you well as a thickener. ° Reserve your leftover seasoned flour just in case you need it later for additional thickening..
- After pork is sufficiently browned, add 1 beer, 1/2 to 3/4 box chicken broth, 1 bucket Hatch Green Chilies, 1/4 of all your vegetables, [except potatoes] herbs and spices to your simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes – adding additional broth as needed. This is a layered dish..
- Add your remaining vegetables [except potatoes or anything that's listed as, "reserves"] and simmer for up to 2 hours adding broth and beer as needed. Simmer until your pork is easy to chew when you taste test it..
- Authors Note: If your dish tastes a bit acidic due to the chilies, tomatillos and Rotel tomatoes – add a 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda while your dish is on a steady simmer. It'll foam up for a second but don't worry – she'll settle right down. Add additional 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda if still needed..
- ° Once your pork is falling apart, you'll know you're ready for these last few steps. ° After approximately 2+ hours of simmering, add 4 diced potatoes and additional broth/beer if needed. Only add just enough additional fluids you'll need to boil potatoes. ° Simmer your mixture for 20 to 30 minutes – 1/2 covered to steam your potatoes and then, 1/2 uncovered to thicken until your spuds are fully softened. ° To thicken your dish even further, lightly sprinkle your leftover flour over the top and sti.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking your potatoes, add your remaining reserved halves. 1 bucket Hatch Chilies and fresh cilantro..
- ° If you thin this recipe out with some additional stock and/or beer, it could easily be served as a thinner stew. ° Fluffy flour tortillas work best with a thinner broth – regular tortillas for thick. ° Garnish with fresh or dried cilantro or parsley and Mexican 3 Cheese to tame the heat for your guests. I assure you, no other condiments are needed!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)