Recipe: Tasty Beef and Guinness Stew
Beef and Guinness Stew.
You can have Beef and Guinness Stew using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Guinness Stew
- You need 6 of strips Bacon.
- Prepare 4 lb of Chuck Roast or Sirloin Roast.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 large of Onion Coarsely Chopped.
- You need 3 of stalks Celery.
- You need 2 of bottles – 24 oz total Guinness Beer.
- You need 1 of packet Onion Soup Mix.
- Prepare 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- You need 3 of Sprigs Thyme.
- You need 1 lb of Baby Carrots.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Beef Broth.
Beef and Guinness Stew step by step
- Fry the 6 strips of bacon in skillet. Reserve fat in skillet. Crumble bacon and put in roasting pan..
- Cut roast into 2 inch cubes and coat with the flour. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat up skillet with cooking oil to med-high. Sear the meat cubes for 3-4 minutes. Move them to roasting pan..
- Add the onion and celery. Stir in skillet until translucent. Add garlic for a couple of minutes to soften..
- Add Guinness beer to onion mixture. Scrape with wooden spoon to loosen stuck bits of goodness..
- Add onion soup mix and stir to combine..
- Stir in Tomato paste to combine. Add Thyme sprigs..
- Add baby carrots to meat in roasting pan..
- Add Guinness, onion, paste and onion soup mixture on top of roasting pan..
- Top up with up to 20 ounces (just covering meat). Cover roasting pan and place in 300°F oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 250°F for another 2 hours. Taste and check tenderness adjusting time if needed. Also adjust seasoning if needed..
- Prepare smashed potatoes. Use about 6-8 potatoes cut up in 1 inch cubes. Boil approx. 20 minutes or till fork tender..
- Drain and add about 1 cup of milk and 3 Tbsp. butter. Coarsely mash to your desired consistency adding milk or butter as needed..
- Place potatoes in bowl with a hole in the center. Fill hole with stew. Alternative: Put stew in bowl and add a dollop of potatoes on top of stew..
- Describe this step.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)