Recipe: Yummy Meat-free, Grilled Tofu and Mushroom Mapo Doufu
Meat-free, Grilled Tofu and Mushroom Mapo Doufu. The Japanese-style Mapo Tofu (Mabo Dofu) is incredibly flavorful but less spicy than the Sichuan-style. While the original Shichuan Mapo Tofu is pretty spicy, the Japanese version is usually mild so With that, the recipe is just about frying up the aromatics like ginger and garlic, ground meat with. A well-loved Sichuanese dish, this Mushroom Mapo Tofu is made with meaty shiitake mushrooms, leek and broth, layered over with bright peppercorns and a magical sauce made of fermented black beans – the result is flavour amplified!
This is my favorite dish of all time, in a completely meat-free form. Using dried and fresh mushrooms adds complexity and texture to the fiery dish, making it every bit as good as—if not better than—the original. Mapo tofu (Chinese: 麻婆豆腐; pinyin: mápó dòufu) is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. You can cook Meat-free, Grilled Tofu and Mushroom Mapo Doufu using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat-free, Grilled Tofu and Mushroom Mapo Doufu
- You need 1 block of Grilled tofu.
- It’s 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- You need 3 of stalks plus Chinese chives.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◇Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 stalk of ◇Green onion or scallion.
- You need 1 of clove's worth ◇Garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◇Ginger (grated).
- You need 2/3 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- It’s 2 tsp of ◆Red miso.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◆Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◆Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◆Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◆Shaoxing wine (or sake).
- You need 150 ml of ◆Water.
- You need 1 tsp of starch + 1 tablespoon water Katakuriko slurry.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Ra-yu.
- You need 1 of Sansho pepper.
It consists of tofu set in a spicy sauce, typically a thin, oily, and bright red suspension, based on douban (fermented broad bean and chili paste) and douchi (fermented black beans), along with minced meat. Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. At the very beginning, Mapo tofu is named after its creator. It is recorded that there is a couple who own a restaurant mainly selling vegetarian dishes.
Meat-free, Grilled Tofu and Mushroom Mapo Doufu instructions
- Break the grilled tofu up into bite-sized pieces with your hands. Lightly drain in a sieve lined with paper towels..
- Divide the mushrooms into small bunches. Cut the chives into 1 cm pieces..
- Place the ◇ ingredients in a pan and cook over low heat. Once the ingredients are aromatic, add the doubanjiang and stir-fry patiently to bring out the spices.nanns.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry, then add the ingredients marked with a ◆ and simmer. Add the drained tofu and simmer for a little while longer..
- Add the chives and as well as the katakuriko slurry. Drizzle in the sesame oil and heat through for about a minute. Garnish with ra-yu and sansho pepper if you like. Done!.
Mapo tofu may just be my favorite tofu dish of all time. Sichuan in origin, mapo doufu consists of tofu cubes settled in a spicy sauce containing minced meat, traditionally beef or pork, and fermented black Once cooked, mapo doufu will have a spicy top oil layer which serves to preserve the heat of the dish. Steamed white rice is the perfect accompaniment. Mapo Doufu (麻婆豆腐 Mābō Doufu) is a dish made by Terunori Kuga and taught to the members of the Chinese Cuisine RS. It is also one of Terunori's dish for the Moon Banquet Festival.