Recipe: Yummy Rich tomato pasta sauce
Rich tomato pasta sauce. Felicity Cloake: A true classic of Italian cuisine, it is perfect for meatballs, pasta, pizzas and more. But are fresh tomatoes essential, or can you go for tinned? And what should add to enhance the flavour?
Every tomato-based pasta sauce recipe you could want, from Bolognaise to marinara! Richly browned oxtail sections are simmered low and slow in a rich tomato sauce until the meat comes off the bones– this oxtail ragu is almost foolproof. A good tomato sauce is the basis for so many dishes—pizza, pasta, chicken, and fish. You can cook Rich tomato pasta sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rich tomato pasta sauce
- Prepare 2 boxes of tomato passata (1kg).
- It’s 2 of medium/large onions.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 6 of sundried tomatoes (from a jar in oil).
- Prepare 1 bottle of red wine (75cl).
- It’s of Oil to fry (rapeseed/sunflower).
- It’s of Dried wild mushrooms (optional).
- It’s of Oregano (fresh or dried).
- Prepare of Basil (fresh or dried).
- It’s of Salt/pepper.
Here is a delicious basic tomato sauce recipe. Tomato sauce can be so many things: fresh and simple, marinara full of vegetables, or slow-cooked until it is so luscious and rich that it's the stuff of memories. This is the story of a sauce that delivers such a delicious, powerfully memorable impact that it is worthy of two days — yes, days — of cooking. This authentic homemade Italian pasta sauce recipe is a family secret and is made using fresh tomatoes, herbs, and lots of love!
Rich tomato pasta sauce instructions
- Peel the garlic cloves and the onions. Roughly chop and add to a food processor. Blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the onion/garlic mix to a pan, add some oil from the frying oil, and pour in some oil from the sun-dried tomato jar for extra flavour. Fry the mixture with a lid on the pan for ten minutes..
- When the mixture is soft, finely chop and add the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the dried wild mushrooms if using..
- Pour in the passata and the wine. Add the herbs, a teaspoon of each of you are using dried, or a good pinch of each if using fresh. Season with salt and pepper..
- Stir well, and put a lid on the pan with a corner open to reduce the liquid slightly. Simmer gently for two hours, making sure that you stir regularly..
- Remove from the heat and serve with your chosen dish.
Authentic Homemade Pasta Sauce (Fresh or Canned Tomatoes). A classic, rich tomato sauce – great with pasta, meatballs or mixed with creamy mascarpone. This recipe makes a big batch and freezes well so you can whip up quick weekday meals. Tomato sauce (also known as Neapolitan sauce, salsa roja in Spanish, or salsa di pomodoro in Italian) can refer to many different sauces made primarily from tomatoes. Tomato cream sauce – a healthier creamy pasta!