How to Prepare Yummy Sig's Kappes Durcheinander (Cabbage Pick and Mix)
Sig's Kappes Durcheinander (Cabbage Pick and Mix).
You can have Sig's Kappes Durcheinander (Cabbage Pick and Mix) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Kappes Durcheinander (Cabbage Pick and Mix)
- It’s 800 grams of potatoes, waxy, washed and unpeeled.
- You need 11/2 teaspoons of crushed cumin.
- It’s 1 of medium white cabbage.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 200 gr of diced speck or streaky smokey bacon.
- You need 2 tablespoon of plain flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of each salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk or thereabouts (depends on amount of cabbage).
- You need 350 ml of water taken from the cabbage water.
- You need 750 grams of mixed mince (pork and beef).
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of white or brown onion.
- Prepare 200 ml of dark beer.
- Prepare 150 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 pinch of chilli flakes or chilli powder.
Sig's Kappes Durcheinander (Cabbage Pick and Mix) step by step
- Wash potatoes, boil in skin with 1 tsp cumin until almost cooked. Quarter cabbage, discard stalks so that you have only bitesize pieces of cabbage leaf, cook leaves only for 3 minutes, set aside 350 ml of cabbage water, run cabbage under cold water, drain well, cover, set aside. When potatoes are done and cooled down, remove skin. Cut the potatoes into slices of about 5mm. Cover, set aside..
- Chop bacon into small bits. Heat 1 tbls butter, add bacon. When fat and juice has been released from bacon but bacon is not burned sprinkle over 1 tbls of plain flour stir well, add milk. Stir until the sauce simmers, thickens and the taste of flour is cooked out..
- Season the sauce with pepper, salt and a little nutmeg, set aside sauce..
- Fry finely chopped onion in a tiny bit of butter. Add minced meat, when browned and softly crumbled add the beer and one tablespoon of tomato puree. Stir.
- Stir second spoonful of tomato puree in and cook until creamy consistency is achieved. Brush ovenproof dish with last tablespoon of butter then start layering some cabbage into bottom of dish.
- Add sliced potatoes then meat, then a few scoopes of the white sauce. Then keep layering finishing with cabbage and white sauce..
- In a preheated oven 180 °C cook the dish for about 45 to 50 minutes, until it starts to crisp.
- I used an instant brown gravy here enhanced with two or three teaspoons of tomato puree and I made some herbed ciabatta..
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)