How to Make Perfect Fish Tacos
Fish Tacos. I loved a local chain restaurant's fish tacos so much, that I had to try to duplicate them. They combine flour tortillas filled with breaded, fried tilapia, layered with chipotle mayo, topped with napa cabbage, dressed with honey-cumin sauce, and served with pico de gallo, sour cream, chips and salsa. Find the best fish taco recipes from your favorite chefs, including easy fish tacos and tacos made with grilled, fried or blackened fish.
Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. Place the sour cream, chiles, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Fish tacos, that great meal of the Baja Peninsula, and a taste of summer. You can cook Fish Tacos using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Tacos
- Prepare 4 of Filets of Red mullets.
- It’s 1 of Advocado.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 2 of Radish.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- It’s half of Red onion.
- It’s of Mayo.
- It’s of sauce Shirasha.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- You need of Cilantro.
- It’s of Iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of Egg ,.
- You need 1 of Beer ,.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Salt Pepper ,.
- Prepare of White wine vinegar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Sugar ,.
- It’s 2 of bread Naan.
They are simple to make, no more complicated in fact than a hamburger or a mess of pancakes, and they are considerably more. Combine fish, vegetable oil, lemon juice and remaining seasoning mix in medium bowl; pour into large skillet. People can be intimidated by cooking fish for tacos, but don't be! After marinating, the fish just needs to cook in a glug of olive oil for a few minutes per side in a skillet.
Fish Tacos step by step
- Prepare your tempura batter: mix the flour, cornstarch, with paprika and the zest of a lemon. Add the egg, pour the beer and whisk until you get a smooth paste. Add salt and pepper. Pour your filets in the tempura mix and pan-fry them in vegetable oil. Add a bit of lemon juice before serving..
- Pickle your vegetables. Slice the radish, red onion and carrot and leave them to marinate in white wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons of sugar to pickle..
- For your guacamole: mix the flesh of half an avocado, add the juice of half a lemon, few leaves of cilantro, Shirasha sauce, cumin, a teaspoon of dice onion, salt and pepper..
- Mix your mayo with a bit of Shirasha sauce..
- Prepare your Pico de Gallo : mix the diced tomatoes (deseeded) with half an avocado, salt, pepper and olive oil..
- Reheat the naan bread in a pan or in your micro-wave. Dress your tacos with all your prep..
Best Fish for Fish Tacos Cod, tilapia, or halibut are my go-to choices for fish tacos, but you could really use any white fish fillets. It doesn't really matter if the fish is a firm variety or more flakey; you break up the cooked fish into the tacos anyway, so perfect presentation isn't really important. The tilapia is lightly pan-seared, rather than breaded and deep-fried, making these fish tacos a healthier alternative to many of their restaurant counterparts. Ingredients for Best Fish Taco Sauce: For the fish taco sauce, all you need is sour cream, mayo, lime juice, garlic powder and sriracha. The sriracha gives it a little kick of spice so you can add more or less based on your preference.