Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Nigerian Jollof Rice and Grilled Chicken
Nigerian Jollof Rice and Grilled Chicken. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. Chicken is first sauteed on the stove top to produce a wonderful aromatic base for the rice. For an extra special and authentic touch, serve jollof rice with fried.
Our family friend's mother-in-law makes the best Nigerian Jollof. Nigerian Jollof Rice can be served with , grilled/fried chicken, beef, fish, Moi moi, Veggie&prawn stir fry, fried plantains, Nigerian Salad and also topped up with stew (Obe ata dindin or Nigerian beef stew and Chicken stew). Below is a video showing you how to cook the perfect Party Jollof Rice…Enjoy! You can cook Nigerian Jollof Rice and Grilled Chicken using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nigerian Jollof Rice and Grilled Chicken
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- Prepare 3 pieces of chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 can of beer.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Barbecue spice blend (optional).
- You need of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Scotch bonnet (ata rodo).
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Bell pepper (tatashe).
- It’s of Curry.
- You need of Thyme.
- It’s cubes of Knorr.
- It’s of Meat (optional).
- You need of Chopped vegetables (optional).
- Prepare of Vegetable oil to fry.
Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there Add chicken stock and salt. Add in washed rice and a. The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. Click the links for the recipes: Beef Mince Jollof Rice Smoky Party Jollof Rice without Firewood Leafy Jollof Rice Coconut Jollof Rice Mixed Vegetable Jollof Rice Rice and Beans.
Nigerian Jollof Rice and Grilled Chicken step by step
- Prepare your marinade. Pour your beer into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add your garlic and Barbecue spice blend. Marinate for no longer than 12 hours..
- Oil your baking pan and grill for 40 minutes until brown on both sides. I sprinkled a little Barbecue spice blend when it was almost done..
- Wash your meat, add your curry, thyme, salt and knorr cubes. bring to boil. Separate the broth and fry in oil. However, you can use your chicken to make broth instead. Wash your rice. Do NOT parboil..
- Blend your tomatoes, onions, scotch bonnets and bell peppers and boil. (Your blend can be smoother than mine if you don’t want bits and pieces of pepper in your jollof rice. Be liberal with your bell peppers as it accounts for the redness of your jollof rice..
- Fry your pepper blend in the oil you fried the meat in. When it is fried, pour your broth and bring to boil for a few minutes. Stir and cook on maximum heat. (Many would fry onions in the oil first, but I’m not a big fan). Also I didn’t add any extra maggi or salt because my broth brought the flavors. But check and add more salt and knorr cubes as needed..
- You may need to add more water as it cooks so don’t just leave it to burn. Yes, I allowed my jollof rice burn a little..
- I love vegetables so I always add whatever is in my freezer. I did a vegetable dump, allowed it to steam and stirred. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer..
- Allow your jollof rice steam a little even after you have put off the heat. Stir. Serve with grilled chicken and enjoy!.
Wash your Basmati rice and steam rice with sieved stock until tender. To steam rice cover pot with aluminium foil before putting on the lid, cook on. Nigerian jollof rice is a classic dish served on its own or accompanied with other dishes. If you are looking to elevate the taste of your jollof rice to the Growing up in Nigeria, I know how this dish is often made over firewood, giving it a very distinctive taste, one that I long for and can't replicate now. This traditional Nigerian dish brings the best possible flavour out of rice and chicken.