How to Cook Delicious Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach
Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach. Pan fried fish with succulent flesh and golden crispy skin, with a spoonful of lemon butter drizzled over and a pile of indulgent, creamed spinach. Hardly in case of this recipe; if you cook your fish in a good non-stick pan you will only need the drop of oil that will make the skin crisp. Divide the spinach leaves over two dinner plates.
To prevent your tilapia from breaking apart when you. I prepare spinach like this routinely but never with onion so I knew when I saw this recipe I was going to love it. Using the ingredients called for I did prepare this a little differently. You can have Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach
- It’s 1-2 of scaled fish fillets per person: bass, bream, haddock, hake or snapper, as long as they are not too thick (1-1 ½ inch).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of plain flour for dusting (optional).
- Prepare of oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare of lemon wedges for serving.
- It’s of For the creamed spinach:.
- Prepare 300 g of fresh spinach or a bag of frozen.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed.
- You need 200 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp. of grated Parmesan.
To serve, divide the creamed onions, mushrooms and spinach between four. For the pan-fried cod, heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the cod, skin-side down, for a few minutes, or until the skin is golden. Turn the fish over and fry on the other side, until cooked through.
Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach instructions
- For the creamed spinach: thaw the frozen spinach, wash the leaves if using fresh. Blanch it with boiling water or microwave for 3-4 minutes on full power. Leave to cool..
- Squeeze most moisture from either the blanched or the thawed spinach and chop it roughly..
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, add the pressed garlic and let it sizzle for a few seconds. Pour in the cream and turn up the heat. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook down for about 3 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and cook for further 2 or 3 minutes. Add the spinach to the mixture, stir in and cook on medium heat with the lid on for 10 minutes plus further 5 or 10 with the lid off, to let most of the liquid evaporate..
- Now cook the fish: rinse the fillets and pat dry very well, especially the skin side. Score the skin across two or three times on each fillet. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour if you like, shake off the excess..
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan or skillet – make sure it’s very hot. Place the fillets in the pan, skin side down and press gently with a fish slice to stop them curling. Season the flesh side with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until the flesh around the edges turns opaque and the skin is crisp..
- Turn off the heat and flip the fillets over – they will cook on the residual heat in the pan. Add a knob of butter and swirl it around, basting the fish. Leave the fillets there for a minute. Transfer to warm plates and serve with the spinach..
Serve the cod with the herb sauce poured over the top, the potatoes and spinach on the side and the crispy egg. Fish and lemon are a great match and when fennel, capers and cream are added it becomes sublime! Serve over wedges of crisp cos lettuce as an alternative to a green vegetable. Pan-Fried Fish with Spinach and Zucchini Noodles. Plate fried fish with spinach Breaded Fried Fish Served with Sauteed Garlic Spinach.