Recipe: Perfect Melt-In-Your-Mouth Beef Tendon Curry
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Beef Tendon Curry.
You can cook Melt-In-Your-Mouth Beef Tendon Curry using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Melt-In-Your-Mouth Beef Tendon Curry
- Prepare 1 of [To prepare the beef tendon using a pressure cooker].
- It’s 400 of to 500 grams Beef tendon.
- It’s 1 of Japanese leek.
- It’s 600 ml of Water.
- You need of [For the curry:].
- You need 3 of ■ Onion.
- It’s 1 of ■ Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cloves ■ Garlic.
- It’s 1 of the same amount as the ginger ■ Ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each Butter and olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare 50 of to 100 ml Red wine (or cooking sake).
- You need 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice).
- You need 700 ml of The boiling water from the beef tendon or plain water.
- Prepare 1 box of Commercial Japanese curry roux mix.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★ Tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Beef Tendon Curry instructions
- Rub and wash the beef tendons in 50°C water. Set your water cooker to 50°C beforehand. Repeat 4 times..
- When the hot water runs clear, you're ready to drain the beef!.
- Put the rinsed beef tendons plus the leek and 600 ml of water in a pressure cooker. Bring the cooker up to pressure, and cook under pressure for 10 minutes. If using a regular pot: Bring to a boil, and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- When the cooker has de-pressurized, take the meat out and rinse it in water. Cut it up into bite-size pieces. (I recommend making the pieces a little on the larger size since they will fall apart a bit later.).
- Transfer the cooking liquid to another container and let it cool down. When it has cooled down to room temperature, strain it to use later. If you have time, chill the cooking liquid and remove the fat that will harden on the surface..
- In the meantime, dice the ■ vegetables. ※ Grate the ginger (or use 1-2 teaspoons of pre-grated ginger from a tube)..
- Wash out the pressure cooker, add the butter and olive oil, and sauté the Step 6 vegetables over high heat (until the onions have browned). If it looks like the vegetables are burning, add 100 to 200 ml of water..
- If you are using a conventional pot: Add the beef cooking liquid + water to total the amount indicated on the curry roux box into a pot..
- If using a pressure cooker: Add the cooking liquid plus water, red wine, the parboiled beef tendon and shimeji mushrooms to the pressure cooker from Step 7. Bring the cooker up to pressure and cook under pressure for 5 minutes. Let it de-pressurize naturally, open the lid, and heat the pot up again with the lid off while skimming off the scum..
- Turn the heat off and dissolve the roux in it. I use 1/2 'hot' roux and 1/2 'medium-hot' roux!.
- Add the seasoning ingredients to finish! Then simmer over low heat for 1/2 to 1 hour. Done!.
- In Steps 3 and 8, if you are using a pressure cooker, adjust the cooking time as needed..
- I also have a recipe for the omurice (rice omelette) from Kaimeiken, the restaurant run by the heroine Meiko's father! Please take a look.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171827-omurice-rice-omelette.
- I also have a recipe for the Scotch egg from Kaimeiken. Please take a look…
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)