How to Prepare Delicious Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef Stew on Rice) for Adults
Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef Stew on Rice) for Adults.
You can have Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef Stew on Rice) for Adults using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef Stew on Rice) for Adults
- Prepare 300 grams of Thinly sliced beef or offcuts.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- Prepare 200 grams of Button mushrooms (or shimeji mushrooms etc.).
- It’s 1 can of Canned demiglace sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of Red wine (or tomato juice).
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 of to 2 leaves Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Oil.
Hayashi Rice (Hashed Beef Stew on Rice) for Adults step by step
- Slice the onions thinly. It doesn't have to be very thin. Cut each mushroom into about 5-6 slices..
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and dust with flour..
- Heat a pan, add oil and stir fry the onions. When the oil has coated all the onion slices, add the mushrooms and stir fry until everything has wilted. Transfer to a pot..
- Add more oil to the same pan and stir fry the beef. When the beef is browned, add the red wine and simmer rapidly over high heat until the liquid in the pan has reduced to 1/3 to evaporate the alcohol..
- Add the beef to the pot with the onions and mushrooms. Add water and the bay leaves, and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes..
- Add the ketchup and mix. Add the demi-glace sauce, and give it a stir..
- Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes… and adjust with salt and pepper to finish..
- If you're using tomato juice instead of wine, you can use half the amount of ketchup. I used a ton of mushrooms here; 100 g is fine normally..
- If the onions you have are big, just one should be ok..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)