How to Cook Yummy Vietnamese Fried Crab Spring Rolls
Vietnamese Fried Crab Spring Rolls. Description Vietnamese Fried Crab Spring Rolls Recipe I am a huge fan of Vietnamese Spring Rolls, or cha gio, roughly means "minced pork rolls" in Vietnamese language. I don't like most Chinese spring rolls or egg rolls served in the United States. They are mostly bad, filled with vegetables flavored with MSG.
My husband really loved this after my "experiment". We gave the restaurant where we had our wedding the recipe and rice paper, and had them to do the same for our wedding. I love Vietnamese spring rolls or cha gio in Vietnamese, which roughly means "minced pork rolls." The filling is made of ground pork, shrimp, crab meat, shredded carrots and mung bean noodles (cellophane noodles or glass noodles). You can have Vietnamese Fried Crab Spring Rolls using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Fried Crab Spring Rolls
- It’s 20 pieces of rice paper.
- Prepare 50 g of finely chopped crab meat.
- It’s 100 g of shrimps, shelled, deveined, patted dry with paper towels, finely chopped.
- You need 100 g of minced pork.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s of Chopped garlic, ¾ for frying garlic in the filling of the spring rolls, ¼ for mixing the dipping sauce.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 of coil dry rice vermicelli noodles.
- It’s 2 of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 2 of wood ear mushrooms.
- You need of Coriander, finely chopped.
- It’s of Sugar, fish sauce, salt, seasoning powder, vinegar.
- You need of Lettuce, herbs.
These deep fried and crispy rolls are usually served with Vietnamese spring roll sauce called nuoc cham made. Using tongs, transfer rolls to a paper towel-lined plate. To serve, wrap lettuce, basil, and perilla around rolls; serve with. In Hanoi and some other regions, ground pork can be added with crab meat to make Crab spring rolls or Nem Cua Be in Vietnamese, a fantastic side dish when enjoying Bun cha.
Vietnamese Fried Crab Spring Rolls step by step
- First, soak the dry vermicelli coil and shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms in plenty of water. Then slice the vermicelli into 5cm pieces. Slice the mushrooms into small pieces..
- Whisk the eggs well then cook in a wok, tossing quickly with cooking oil or butter. If you use eggs for the filling of the spring rolls, they will be crunchier..
- Fry the garlic which will make the filling more flavorful and aromatic..
- Make the spring roll filling with minced crabmeat + some black pepper + chopped shrimp + chopped pork + bean sprouts + vermicelli + chopped shallot + shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms + fried garlic + chopped coriander + stir-fried egg. Add some black pepper, seasoning powder, sugar. Mix well. Use hands to stir well all the ingredients..
- Roll the spring rolls. I use the rice paper sheets bought in the North of Vietnam or Hue. Rice paper sheets are thin and chewy, mostly no need to brush water on when rolling without tearing the rolls. If you have beer, you can use it instead of water to brush on the rice paper sheets. Lots of fun and good smell as well. Hihi. In this step, the whole family can gather around and do it happily together. My child often makes round spring rolls like the ones of Hai Phong, very cute!.
- Fry the spring rolls. Add cooking oil to a wok, then add some salt. A tip from my aunt: salt helps prevent oil from splattering. But not too much salt, otherwise our spring rolls will be salty!.
- Mix the dipping sauce. While frying the rolls, you can mix the dipping sauce. Chopped garlic + chopped chili + 3 teaspoons of sugar + 4 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice + 1 cup of boiled water + 4 teaspoons of fish sauce. Remember to season again if desired..
- Serve with lettuce, herbs, dipping sauce. Perfect with a plate of pickles..
Vietnamese people also create seafood spring roll by replacing crab meat with fresh shrimp or mantis shrimp. To eat, wrap hot or warm rolls in lettuce leaves and tuck in mint and cilantro leaves. Chicken, shrimp, and vegetables are rolled in rice paper wrappers and deep-fried in this authentic recipe for Vietnamese Cha Gio. Chicken, shrimp, and vegetables are rolled in rice paper wrappers and deep-fried in this authentic recipe for Vietnamese Cha Gio.. Authentic Vietnamese Spring Rolls (Nem Ran Hay Cha Gio.