Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Mike's Shrimp Spring Wraps
Mike's Shrimp Spring Wraps. These bright and satisfying lettuce wraps are filled with springy rice noodles, creamy avocado, chilies, and topped with grilled teriyaki glazed shrimp and. In today's episode, I will show you guys how to make HAR GOW steamed shrimp dumplings with Spring Roll Wrapper (Bánh tráng) with the fresh shrimp that I got. Please visit my website at www.theartofcooking.org for more detailed information regarding tools and ingredients.
See more ideas about Spring rolls, Recipes, Spring roll wraps. Peranakan style spring rolls filled with bamboo shoots, dried shrimps, and shrimps wrapped in thin spring roll sheets and then fried or baked. Crispy Shrimp and Mango Spring Rolls. [or Lettuce Wraps.] Oh oh oh but… I made these spring roll thingies before I left. You can have Mike's Shrimp Spring Wraps using 18 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Shrimp Spring Wraps
- You need of Shrimp Spring Rolls In Egg Roll Wraps.
- You need 25 of 6"x6" Egg Roll Wraps.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Small Salad Shrimp.
- It’s 2 of large Eggs [whipped].
- You need 1 of large Carrot [thin 5" strips].
- It’s 1 bunch of Green Onions [thin 5" strips].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need 3 cup of Fresh Shreadded Cabbage.
- You need 3 cup of Bean Sprouts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water Chestnuts [minced].
- You need 1/4 cup of Diakon Radishes [minced].
- You need 3 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- You need 1 quart of Frying Oil [high heat].
- You need 1 of Fry Daddy Or Large Frying Pan.
- You need 1 of Damp Rag.
Just like lettuce wraps, but wrapped in rice paper. These colorful lettuce wraps with shrimp mimic Vietnamese spring rolls. You'll find cellophane noodles—also called bean thread or glass noodles—and. Fresh shrimp spring rolls with a delicious peanut dipping sauce.
Mike's Shrimp Spring Wraps step by step
- Add all ingredients together [except for the egg roll wraps, shrimp, eggs, carrots, green onions and oil] in a bowl and mix until everything is fully coated. Allow it to marinate for a 1/2 hour in fridge if possible..
- Authors Note: The reason for mixing all of these ingredients listed above together [as opposed to layering them] is to have your guests intermittently and individually taste the flavors of ginger, garlic, radishes, etc. Not to have their pallets hit by each of them at the same time..
- Slice carrot and green chives in 5" long thin strips and set to the side. The reason for these vegetables to be layered and added seperate from the marinade is to have a snap in each bite and to taste the carrot and chive individually. The same reasoning with regards to the shrimp..
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl and set to the side..
- Pull out one square egg roll wrap and face one of the pointed ends towards you. Like a diamond shape..
- Place your damp rag over your exposed unused egg roll wraps or they will dry out and crack while you're wrapping..
- Brush beaten eggs around the edges of the square wrap..
- Mix cabbage mixture again and place a small amount on wrap. Shake off excess soy sauce or you'll have soggy rolls. Don't overstuff..
- Place one carrot slice and one chive with a few pieces of shrimp on to your wrap..
- Begin to wrap contents tightly up within the wrap..
- At the middle of rolling your wrap, place more egg mixture at the ends [inside and outside] and fold them tightly inward. Do whatever you can to avoid having any holes or gaps in your wrap..
- Continue rolling until you reach the end of wrap..
- Make certain all of your edges are sealed. If they're not, add more egg mixture and pinch the ends to make a tighter seal. Don't worry about using too much egg mixture other than running out of it. If that happens, just beat another egg..
- If there are any holes or openings, oil will enter your egg roll and make them soggy and oily. If your rolls aren't tightly rolled, they will fall apart so make certain these wraps are as tight as you can make them without splitting your rolls..
- Continue to tightly wrap all of your egg rolls and be sure to mix your cabbage mixture and shake off excess soy sauce each time before placing it on your wrap..
- Turn on your fryer or heat you oil in your pan until it's at a higher heat..
- Add four egg rolls to your heated oil and fry for approximately 2 1/2 minutes flipping them regularly. Any more than adding four rolls to your oil will cause your oil to cool down too much and overcook or over saturate your rolls. Watch them carefully as not to burn. When browned and crispy, place on paper towels to drain..
- Continue frying until all rolls are fried to a nice golden brown and drain those as well..
- Serve with soy sauce, sweet and sour red sauce or Thai dip and garnish serving tray with shreadded cabbage and Cilantro at its base..
Fresh shrimp spring rolls with a delicious peanut dipping sauce. Each roll is filled with healthy crisp vegetables, rice noodles, seafood, and herbs..on Yummly Asian Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, Asian-style Chicken And Shrimp With Herb Salad And Noodles, Healthy Thai Turkey Patty Lettuce Wraps. A wide variety of mysis shrimp options are available to you Shrimp lettuce wraps. You will need: To marinate the shrimp To assemble the lettuce wraps, cut any large lettuce leaves into a comfortable serving size, discarding the hard stems.