How to Prepare Tasty Pork Prawn Meat Roll
Pork Prawn Meat Roll. After you've steamed the prawn rolls, cool them down first then coat them with some cornflour before deep-frying them. === Easy Recipe: Homemade Chinese Meat Rolls 五香卷 Lor Bak / Ngoh Hiong • Chinese Pork Recipe. Super Yummy Teochew Crispy Prawn Rolls (Hei Zho) 虾枣 Chinese Prawn & Meat Roll Recipe. 鲜肉包子 记住这几点 从此你的包子不再塌 Pork Meat Bun(Baozi). Super Yummy Teochew Crispy Prawn Rolls (Hei Zho) 虾枣 Chinese Prawn & Meat Roll Recipe.
These super yummy Lobak (Five-Spice Meat Rolls) are made with beancurd sheets, pork. Pork roll (also known regionally as Taylor ham) is a pork-based processed meat commonly available in New Jersey, New York, Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. These spring rolls are not deep fried but instead use a water soaked rice paper. You can have Pork Prawn Meat Roll using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Prawn Meat Roll
- It’s 1 kg of minced pork belly.
- You need 1 kg of prawn.
- Prepare 1 kg of water chestnut / jicama.
- You need 2 sheets of dried beancurd skin.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 2-3 of purple onion.
- Prepare 150 g of shallot.
- It’s 6 of garlic.
- It’s of small amount chives/ scallion.
- Prepare 2 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch – seasoning.
- You need 4 tbsp of sesame oil – seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt – seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper – seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce – seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chinese five spice powder – seasoning (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar – seasoning (optional).
- It’s of vegetable oil/ frying oil – frying.
- You need of Sweet sauce/ tangerine sauce/ chilli sauce.
The filling uses pork, prawns, coriander, mint and spring onions. Goi cuon, also known as Vietnamese spring rolls, are filled with pork, prawns, vermicelli, and lettuce for This classic snack is known by many names, spring roll, salad roll, fresh roll, Vietnamese roll. Bring a pot of water to a boil; add prawns and cook until meat is pink. Mix together the pork, prawns, spring onions, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, oil and water chestnuts.
Pork Prawn Meat Roll step by step
- Prepare: • Mince pork belly. • Peel and devein the prawns. Cut it into big chunks so that you can taste the meat. • Peel and dice the water chestnuts into big chunks so that you can taste the chestnuts. • Use food processer and blend the carrot, onions, shallots and garlics into tiny pieces. • Cut chives into small pieces..
- Mix and Marinate: • Except for the beancurd skin, mix all the ingredients and seasonings well. Marinate in the fridge for 30-45mins. This chilling effect makes the meat fillings sticky which is easier to mould into shape..
- Wrap: • Cut the beancurd skin into square shape. Wipe the skin with a cloth to remove excess saltiness. • Place enough meat filling on the lower half of the beancurd skin, leaving some space at the sides and bottom. Fold the bottom flap up and then followed by the sides. Wrap over into a meat roll. Glue and seal it with corn starch water. The meat filling must be tightly wrapped to prevent shattering when steaming..
- Steam: • Remember to let the meat roll cool to room temperature before steaming to ensure the meat will be fully cooked. Brush a thin layer of vegetable oil at the base of the steamer to prevent beancurd skin from sticking. When placing, make sure each meat roll has space in between to prevent sticking together. Steam for around 15mins or until the meat is fully cooked. • After steaming, chill the meat rolls. If you cannot finish all, you can store it in the freezer..
- Deep Fry: • Pour enough vegetable oil into a saucepan. Turn on high heat to heat up the oil. When oil is ready to fry, carefully place the meat rolls in over medium low to low heat. • Deep fry the meat rolls until golden brown in colour. When done, dish up the meat rolls onto grill tray. If you want the meat roll to be extra crispy, after it cools down, fry again quickly over high heat. • Once completed, slice up the meat rolls and dip it into sweet sauce to enjoy..
Try this delicious Vietnamese rice rolls with pork and prawns recipe plus other recipes from Red Online. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots briefly. Add the meat and mushrooms and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add the salt, pepper, sugar and prawns. For the wontons: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust lightly with cornstarch.