Recipe: Yummy California Rolls
California Rolls. A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. You can use real or imitation crab.
All you need is a sushi mat and you're ready to roll! Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to keep the roll from holding its shape. You can have California Rolls using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- It’s 1 of enough to make 3 full rolls Cooked and seasoned sushi rice.
- Prepare 3 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- You need 9 of Shrimp.
- Prepare 6 of Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into six equal. Roll the California Roll using the bamboo mat and make sure that you tug the sushi rolls very tight. Keep rolling using the bamboo mat until you have have a nice roll.
California Rolls step by step
- Place a sheet of nori seaweed on top of a bamboo rolling mat and cover with a layer of plastic wrap. Spread the rice out on the plastic wrap to the size of the sheet of nori seaweed, and then place the nori on top of the rice..
- Arrange the fillings neatly on top of the nori seaweed sheet, and then roll up as you would for normal rolled sushi..
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top, and then all that's left to do is slice the sushi..
- All done!.
A California roll is a creative American twist on sushi. This page will describe the California Uramaki. Uramaki has nori or seaweed on the inside and the rice on the outside, as opposed to a regular sushi roll, which usually has the seaweed on the outside. Make your own delicious California sushi rolls with seaweed sheets, sweet and tangy sushi rice, cucumber, avocado, and a creamy imitation crab filling. Roll up rice mixture over filling, using the bamboo mat to lift and compress the mixture while rolling; remove plastic wrap as you roll.