Recipe: Appetizing Sambar
Sambar. Sambar is one of the most popular traditional Indian dishes that is not only healthy & nutritious but also tastes delicious. So sambar is widely consumed as a part of healthy protein rich diet in south India. Tiffin Sambar is a popular South Indian breakfast curry.
Unfortunately, most of the restaurants here make really bad sambar. Sambar is a South Indian lentil and vegetable stew made with pigeon pea lentils, tamarind and a I usually make sambar with this recipe as it is a foolproof method – where both the lentils and. Sambar is a spicy lentil soup with variety of vegetables. You can cook Sambar using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sambar
- You need 2 cups of Pigeon Pea(Arhar Daal).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Imli pulp.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Veggies for sambhar.
- You need of Brinjal.
- It’s of Potatoes.
- You need of Radish.
- It’s of Carrot.
- It’s of Drumsticks.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- You need of (You can add veggies of your choice).
- It’s of For Tadka.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Mustard seeds.
- You need 2-3 of Dry red chillies.
- Prepare 2-3 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare of Few curryleaves.
- It’s of Onions (diced).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoon of Sambhar Masala.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of garlic (chopped).
Sambar accompanies many South Indian meals, like dosa, idli, rice. One can say South Indian meal is not complete without Sambar. Sambar is a lentil stew popular in the cooking of southern India. It is generally made of yellow lentils (toor dal) simmered with tamarind-flavored water and a special blend of spices called sambar powder.
- Soak Daal for 1 hr…Add daal, vegetables, turmeric powder and Salt in a cooker..and cook it to 4-5 whistles.. once it is done mash it add imli pulp and keep it aside.
- For tadka in a kadhai add oil…once it is hot add mustard seeds when it starts crackling add red chillies, curry leaves and bay leaves…then add garlic and cook till it is golden brown then add onions.
- Once onions start frying and release oil add all the Dry spices and add this tadka in your sambhar and mix well…Your Sambhar is ready.
- Garnish sambhar with coriander leaves and serve hot with Idlis,Rice,Dosa etc….
Hi and welcome to Subaru Sambar Bodykits! Sambar is a very popular dish in South Indian cuisine. It is served with steamed rice or even as a Sambar with rice is one of the main courses in everyday South Indian meals. Tiffin sambar recipe, learn how to make south Indian style sambar had along idli, dosa and other tiffin items. I have used homemade sambar powder to make sambar recipe.