Recipe: Delicious My Cucumber Caprese Salad
My Cucumber Caprese Salad. Quick summer salad — comin' right up! I've been on my annual caprese salad kick lately, ever since tomatoes surprised us by being. This fresh, crisp caprese salad with cucumbers is my new favorite side for spring and summer.
The cucumber adds a refreshing twist to traditional caprese salad. Perfect on a hot summer day. Everyone enjoyed it and I'll be making it again. You can cook My Cucumber Caprese Salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Cucumber Caprese Salad
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of dried oregano.
- It’s of dried basil.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s of cucumber peeled, seeds scraped with fork, sliced thin & diced.
- You need of fresh motzerella or 4 motzerella cheese sticks.
- Prepare of white onion, diced.
If you love caprese and you're a fan of zoodles, this fresh take is about to blow your mouth straight to happy. Cucumbers are noodlized and then tossed with tomatoes This lovely little salad starts with seriously simple and so good ingredients. English cucumber, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Simple caprese salads are really all I want to eat these days, be it for a light lunch or part of a lazy picnic dinner spread.
My Cucumber Caprese Salad step by step
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside..
- Peel washed cucumber, scrap the seeds with spoon and slice thin and dice. Add to a medium sized bowl..
- Quarter washed cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers..
- Thinly slice and dice your white onion (of you do not like onion, feel free to omit from the recipe). Add to bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls) or 4 motzerella cheese sticks cut into bite sized pieces (Let's keep it simple.) Add to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion..
- Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well..
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving..
It doesn't get easier than this. Cucumber slices are simply scattered among the usual caprese salad suspects: thick tomatoes slices, sliced fresh mozzarella, a handful of fresh basil. This amazingly simple salad gets a new twist with the fresh crunch of cucumber. Grab your garden fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil and lets make this. ×. We didn't mind the gentle fizz of the wine, in fact it went perfectly with the food: a cucumber melon caprese salad, seasoned with peppery olive oil and arranged in a dainty stack; thin-crust pizza topped with prosciutto and peaches; and the.