Recipe: Tasty Octopus salad
Octopus salad. Mexican style octopus salad, with tomatoes, green and red onion, cucumbers, and cilantro. Octopus Salad – Insalata di PolpoDeLallo Foods. peppercorns, garlic, octopuses, Italian flat leaf parsley Cucumber and Octopus Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette, Japanese StyleTaste Hong Kong. Cooking octopus for your octopus salad takes some bit of technique.
Tako Su or Octopus Salad is a common appetizer served in Izakaya (Japanese tapas) style restaurants. If you enjoy octopus sashimi, here's another fun way to enjoy octopus. Who else loves octopus, just as we do? You can cook Octopus salad using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Octopus salad
- You need of octopus.
- You need of Garlic.
- You need of Lemon.
- You need of Parsley.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salad of your choice.
We love all seafood, but the octopus has a special place in our hearts because it is strongly linked to our Italian origins. Octopus and Potato Salad is a traditional Italian fish recipe such as Cuttlefish with Peas and Octopus and Potato Salad is excellent to taste in all seasons, as an appetizer or as a tasty main dish. I want to share with you a very easy dish. In fact, it is almost a "non-recipe," as all you have to do is cut the ingredients and mix.
Octopus salad instructions
- Your fishmonger should 'clean' it for you. Bring a big pot of water to the boil. Dunk the octopus in and out of the water a few times. This will help to make it tender..
- Cover and simmer on lowest flame until cooked, a cocktail stick or fork should easily go through the flesh (500g octopus takes about 40 mins).
- Drain the octopus and leave to rest inside cooking pot for about 20-30 mins.
- Chop the octopus tentacles into pieces. Put in a clean bowl. Add peeled garlic, olive oil, lemon and parsley. Mix well and leave in fridge for a while. If you can, make the night before. Serve with salad of your choice.
Greek style Octopus Salad (Htapodi Salata). Greek salad taramosalata fried calamari and octopus in lemon olive oil dressing home made wine and home cured olives. A pleasant and simple recipe to prepare, cooked octopus cut into pieces, seasoned with onion, garlic, parsley, coriander salt and pepper, drizzled with olive oil and vinegar. Portuguese octopus salad is truly one of my favorite things. Those who know me, know how much I love to eat octopus.