Recipe: Delicious Chilli prawn linguine (with lime salad)
Chilli prawn linguine (with lime salad). This prawn salad is a great family dinner when you're in a rush. To make dressing, put lime zest, juice, oil, chilli, caster sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl. To make salad, put cabbage, carrot, snow peas, coriander, cashews and prawns in a large bowl.
This low fat prawn linguine pasta recipe has a spicy chilli kick, plus this linguine pasta is quick and easy to make. Healthy food doesn't have to be boring. This spicy prawn linguine has a spicy chilli kick to keep it interesting. You can have Chilli prawn linguine (with lime salad) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli prawn linguine (with lime salad)
- Prepare of linguine pasta.
- It’s of sugar snap peas.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of garlic clove.
- Prepare of large red chilli.
- It’s of raw king prawns.
- You need of mini plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- You need of Side Salad.
- It’s of Salad.
- You need of Greek yoghurt.
- You need of lime.
- Prepare of golden caster sugar.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
It's so delicious you'll forget that you're being virtuous. Combine the linguine with the prawn mixture and toss gently. This is great served with a simple green salad, if desired. Linguine with tomatoes, greens, and prawns in a buttery sauce = bomb.
Chilli prawn linguine (with lime salad) step by step
- SALAD DRESSING: – Mix Greek yoghurt with the juice of 1 lime and caster sugar. Season with salt & pepper. Pour over salad leaves and place to one side..
- Place linguine into a large saucepan and cover with boiling water. Set a timer for 10 mins..
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add finely chopped garlic and deseeded finely chopped chilli. Fry gently for 30 secs (don’t let the garlic brown)..
- Add raw king prawns to the frying pan and cook over a high heat for 3 mins until pink..
- Add sliced tomatoes to the king prawns and cook for a further 3 mins until softened..
- When the timer for the pasta goes off add sugar snap peas to the pasta and cook for a further two mins..
- Drain the pasta & sugar snaps and mix into the frying pan..
- Serve with fresh basil, a grating of Parmesan and the side salad.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook linguine according to the package directions until al dente. With zingy lime and a hit of chilli heat, it's also a great introduction to quinoa if you haven't tried it before. Stir the oil and maple syrup into the remaining dressing and toss in the prawns. This wonderfully light prawn linguine recipe is the perfect healthy supper for the family. The zesty and fiery chilli dressing is an optional extra but works so well with this fishy dish.