Easiest Way to Make Delicious Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
Turkish Red Cabbage Salad. Delicious Turkish style red cabbage salad that's perfect with kebabs, stews and meat. While you won't find kebabs and various salads stuffed in pitas, you'll often find a simple, beautifully coloured red cabbage salad served alongside your (plated) kebab in Turkey – and many other foods besides. Turkish Potato Salad With Red Cabbage And Roasted Pepper.
Doesn't it look fresh, healthy and just plain appetising? I find that this salad goes down well with friends and family alike. It's great with fish and meat dishes too. You can have Turkish Red Cabbage Salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
- You need of For the salad:.
- Prepare of small red cabbage, cored and very finely sliced.
- It’s of large tomato, chopped into small cubes.
- Prepare of cucumber, a couple of strips shaved with a veg peeler, then quartered lengthways and thinly sliced.
- Prepare of small carrot, coarsley grated.
- You need of small red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced.
- You need of small bunch parsley, half finely chopped and the other half roughly chopped.
- It’s of For the dressing:.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of red wine vinegar (add 2, then taste to see if it needs a little more.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s of pomegranate molasses.
- You need of dried mint.
- Prepare of Good pinch of salt.
- Prepare of heaped tsp sumac.
We ate this salad a lot in Turkey. Easy – I used red cabbage – lovely contrast to the orange carrots. Added just a bit of parsley for more color. Am going to make it for a harvest pot luck coming up.
Turkish Red Cabbage Salad step by step
- In a small jug, stir all the dressing ingredients together (except for the sumac) and leave to one side..
- In a large bowl or plate, pile up the sliced red cabbage and using your hands, mix in some of the finely chopped parsley..
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the carrot, tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Then add this to the top of the red cabbage pile..
- Pour over the dressing (mainly around the red cabbage) and a little over the top. Refrigerate for an hour before serving..
- To serve, sprinkle the salad with the sumac and the roughly chopped parsley..
- Add some additional cucumber slices and lemon quarters for decoration (optional)..
Everyone brings a dish with something out of their garden. We had a bumper crop of red cabbage and also carrots, so. Remove and throw away the white center of the cabbage. Red Cabbage Salad II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Raw Red Cabbage Salad With Vinegar, A Simple Red Cabbage Recipe To Make A Healthy Red Cabbage Salad!