Recipe: Tasty Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits
Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits. Bold cajun flavor in one step! This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). We went with bell peppers, onions, and corn, but any stir-fry vegetable would work here.
At Castaways Raw Bar and Grill on Holden Beach in North Carolina, they serve up huge portions of spicy shrimp and grits. Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can have Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits using 37 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits
- You need of Sprout and Leek Slaw.
- It’s 6 of thick-cut bacon slices, diced (about 6 oz.).
- You need 1 of large leek, thinly sliced (about 2 cups).
- You need 1 lb of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (about 8 cups).
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of honey.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives.
- It’s of Shrimp.
- You need 3 lbs of 16/20* shrimp (*Denotes size of 16-20 shrimp per pound).
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 3 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- Prepare 1/4 of pineapple, thinly sliced.
- You need of Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying.
- Prepare of Togarashi Vinaigrette.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 2 of thumbs ginger, peeled and minced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare of Grits.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow corn grits.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper,.
Add tasso and sauté until crisp. Whip up this AIP coconut shrimp and grits and you may not want it any other way! This quick and easy dinner of Cajun Shrimp and Cauliflower "Grits" has all the flavor and texture of the classic Southern dish and is super healthy to boot! Serve the Cajun shrimp over the Cauliflower "grits" and garnish with scallions, chopped parsley, or cilantro.
Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits instructions
- For the grits:.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits, Cajun and garlic seasonings and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the grits until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and then the cheese until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper..
- For the Sprouts Leek Slaw:.
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy skillet over medium until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet; transfer 2 tablespoons of the drippings to a small bowl. Dice bacon, and set aside..
- Add leeks to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Combine leeks and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl..
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings, and whisk to combine. Add to Brussels sprouts and leeks; toss to coat. Stir in chopped pecans, chives, and diced bacon..
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- In large mixing bowl, add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, and Dijon mustard..
- Using a hand blender or whisk, slowly incorporate grapeseed and sesame oil..
- Finish with ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- For the shrimp:.
- In a mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and coconut. Mix together..
- Place shrimp in flour. Then add eggs and the panko bread crumb/coconut mixture..
- Fry shrimp in a 350° fryer for 2½ to 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Shrimp should be golden brown in colour..
- Plate with grits in the center, surround the grits with the leek slaw, place several slices of pineapple in center, top with shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!.
Cajun Shrimp & Cheesy Grits with Collard Greens & Green Tomato ChutneyBlue Apron. I added about a tablespoon of flour then some chicken stock. When it was thick I added the shrimp back and then spooned over quick cook grits. Cajun Shrimp Tacos. with creamy corn slaw. Shrimp, green bell pepper, slaw, corn… with some crispy jalapeños on top, this meal will have you dancing on the ceiling.