Recipe: Perfect Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint.#summerchallenge1
Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint.#summerchallenge1. Watermelon + cucumbers is one of the most refreshing combos of all time. Throw in some mint, red onion, and feta and toss it all with a very simple vinaigrette (just olive oil + red wine vinegar), and you've got yourself a mean summer salad. This watermelon mint salad is hands down the most refreshing thing I've ever eaten.
One: You can get rid of pretty much all of the extraneous ingredients. Two: The quality of the watermelon and, more critically. Although Pepin cuts a small, seedless watermelon into rounds with a melon baller (adding the trimmings to the salad, too, so as not to waste them), you can also chop the watermelon. You can cook Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint.#summerchallenge1 using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint.#summerchallenge1
- Prepare of seedless watermelon, chilled.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of whole lemon, juiced and it's zest.
- Prepare of fresh mint leaves, chopped.
- Prepare of crumbled feta cheese.
- Prepare of Honey.
- It’s of Freshly cracked black pepper.
Watermelon salad with feta cheese, lime, mint, and parsley. Call me unadventurous, but I had never even heard of a watermelon feta salad before versions of it It's wonderfully refreshing and light, and perfect for heat-wave days like we are having now in California. Quarantine Cooking: Watermelon Salad with Mint Leaves & Feta Cheese Recipe – It's watermelon season in the south so we're whippin' up a tasty watermelon. The salty, creaminess of quality feta combined with the sweet, crunchiness of a perfect summer watermelon along with fresh mint and the tang of the balsamic glaze is just so fabulous and refreshing.
Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint.#summerchallenge1 instructions
- This salad is best made just prior to serving. I prepare it an hour before the meal..
- Cut skin off the watermelon, then cut the fruit into small chunks. Place chunks in a colander to drain the juice..
- Take Feta cheese and crumb it into small pieces with a fork. Squeeze the lemon for lemon juice and use a cheese grater for lemon zest from the rind..
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, fresh lime juice, lemon zest, salt, honey and black pepper..
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Drizzle dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat the salad. Add the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to mix the Feta cheese into the salad. Serve..
- Note: I carry the dressing in a jar separately for picnic/bbq party..
They keys to this salad are a perfectly sweet watermelon and. This salad is so refreshing especially on hot summer days. Sweet melon and cucumbers are diced and tossed with tangy feta cheese and fresh basil. Sweet watermelon really pairs well with the tangy feta while the cucumber adds texture. Don't worry about the dressing being too sweet as it adds just.