Recipe: Delicious Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach
Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach. Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach A quick one pot weeknight meal. This could be made without the meat and used as a beautiful side dish or vegetarian dish. It cooks up similar to a risotto. supernanny Minnesota.
The complexity of flavors in this dish is amazing, but you don't have to spend a long time getting this dinner together! Season with salt and black pepper. This Creamy Spinach Orzo makes a perfect side dish or even a full meal. You can have Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 pound of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 oz of orzo pasta.
- It’s 8 oz of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Juice of half a lemon.
It's cheesy, creamy, and kids are crazy about it. This Spinach Orzo is one of the easiest and tastiest meals I've ever made. It's made in one pot, so there is almost no clean-up required, and aside from roughly chopping spinach, there. Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe with Orzo and Spinach is the perfect way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers.
Creamy Orzo with turkey and spinach instructions
- Sauté the finely minced garlic in olive oil for a minute, stirring.
- Add the ground turkey, cook and break apart with a spatula..
- Add the wine and cook a couple minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Add the spices, chicken broth and pasta. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Cover the pot and let cook 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to your liking…stirring occasionally. Taste to see that your pasta is cooked and the liquid isn’t completely evaporated. Add more chicken broth or a little milk so you have a creamy sauce. (Like a risotto).
- Add the spinach and cook a minute until the spinach wilts down. Take the pot off the heat and stir in the butter, Parmesan and lemon juice..
- Serve and enjoy! Bon appetite.
It's a delicious and hearty soup loaded with tomatoes, spinach, orzo pasta, and turkey meat. Make a pot of this healthy and easy soup with your Thanksgiving leftovers. How to make Leftover Turkey Pasta. Take a look at this step by step tutorial – please note you will find the full recipe, including ingredients in the recipe card at the end of this post. Heat a tablespoon of oil (from the sun-dried tomatoes jar for extra flavour!) in a large casserole dish or Dutch oven.