How to Cook Yummy Turkey Chili
Turkey Chili. Incredible, perfectly spiced healthy chili made with lean ground turkey, kidney beans and corn. Easy Turkey Chili, great for turkey leftovers! With shredded turkey meat, kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes and chili.
Turkey Chili is a healthy, flavorful recipe that's it's easy to throw together and everyone loves it! It's just one of those family friendly dinners that everyone can agree on. This Turkey Chili is guilt-free deeeelicious comfort food you will want to make all Fall and winter Second, this Turkey Chili boasts a rich medley of seasonings. You can cook Turkey Chili using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Chili
- It’s 2 lbs of lean ground turkey.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of garlics, minced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chili powder or to taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 3 cups of canned diced tomato.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of cheddar cheese for topping.
- Prepare of sour cream for topping.
- It’s of lime for topping.
If cooking the chili stovetop, add the cooked meat back to the skillet. If using a slow cooker, add. Turkey chili is loaded with lean ground turkey making it healthier than traditional chili but just as hearty and satisfying. My friend Gina from nursing school, shared this award winning slow cooker chili.
Turkey Chili instructions
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil..
- Add the turkey meat. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, chopping down and stirring with the side of a heavy kitchen spoon to break up any lumps..
- Add the bell pepper, bay leaves, chili powder and cumin. Stir to blend well. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add the drained beans..
This chili features ground turkey, which is a great alternative to ground beef (especially if you're cooking on a budget) and makes for a more mild, kid-friendly stew. The life cycle of Thanksgiving leftovers really has two distinct phases. At first, everyone is excited to enjoy all the remnants of the holiday bird (or maybe just the ease of having so much. Turkey Chili is so thick and hearty and bursting with flavor. This healthier chili recipe is loaded with tender beans, lean ground turkey, and the perfect blend of spice.