Recipe: Delicious Smoked Turkey Wing Soup
Smoked Turkey Wing Soup. This simple potato and green bean soup is a good way to use up leftover smoked turkey wings and makes for a comforting weeknight dish. Add peas and cover with enough water to completely submerge all ingredients by a couple inches. A comforting bowl of creamy smoked turkey soup, full of vegetables and wild rice, makes a warm and fragrant meal when the cold winds blow..
When the turkey wing is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and cut or shred the meat from the bone. Not only does it add a meaty smoked aroma to the green pea soup, but the smoked bits of turkey wing add more substance and flavor to the pea soup. What to serve with green pea soup: An Italian-inspired white bean soup is made from scratch with dried beans that are soaked overnight, then slowly simmered to tenderness with smoked turkey legs, veggies, and Italian seasonings. You can cook Smoked Turkey Wing Soup using 16 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Turkey Wing Soup
- It’s of Broth.
- You need 1-2 of smoked turkey wings.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 inch of piece fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 of fresh jalapeno.
- Prepare of Soup.
- Prepare Handful of fresh green beans.
- Prepare 1 of small tub baby spinach.
- You need 8 Oz of fresh mushroom.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of Tbl. Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lentils.
- Prepare 2 tsp of powdered chicken broth used mostly for salt.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce (optional).
You can do this in a slow cooker, too. Combine the split peas, water, smoked turkey legs, chicken broth, carrot, celery, potatoes, onion, garlic powder, oregano, and bay leaves in a slow cooker. The development of this recipe was sponsored by Hurst's Beans. As always, all opinions are my own.
Smoked Turkey Wing Soup instructions
- Place wings in a large enough put too cover wings with water, cover with water, it was about 6 cups for me..
- Place on medium high heat.
- Smash garlic, add to pot.
- Clean ginger, add to pot.
- Slice hot pepper, add to pot.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover, simmer for 2 hours..
- Turn off heat. Remove wings, set aside to cool..
- Remove jalapeno, garlic and ginger from broth.
- Pull, chop, or otherwise remove meat from wings. Discard skin if your significant other doesn't like it ????.
- Put meat in broth, back on medium high heat.
- Add rice and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a rapid simmer.
- Clean and cut green beans, add to pot.
- Clean and smash garlic, add to pot.
- Clean cut mushrooms, add to pot.
- Taste broth.
- Add black pepper, fish sauce and bullion until salt level you like is reached.
- About 5 minutes from rice being cooked, add spinach, stir in.
- Serve when done to your liking.
I've been cooking dried beans since I was old enough to reach the stove. Plus, a few ounces of tender turkey meat make the finished bowl even heartier than bits of bacon would. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Remove the wings and let cool enough to handle. Once the wings are cool enough to handle, pick the meat off and chop into bite size pieces.