Recipe: Tasty Cheesy Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
Cheesy Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage. Browse Products & Get Recipes Ideas That Are Quick & Easy. It is good but too dry. I omitted celery, green onions & used the light red kidney beans, but substituted chicken broth for the water.
The mashed beans make the finished dish a bit odd-looking to a skeptical husband. Cheesy Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage instructions. Prepare rice according to package instructions leaving out all optional ingredients and adding vegetable bullion. You can cook Cheesy Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
- You need 1 packages of Turkey Polska Kielbasa.
- Prepare 1 cup of Unprepared Basmati Rice.
- It’s 1 can of Black beans, washed and drained.
- You need 1 can of Corn with green and red peppers.
- You need 1 can of Campbell's Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Half and half (approx. measurement).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil (approx. measurement).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Chili powder (approx. measurement).
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 dash of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Frozen Chopped Onion.
- It’s 6 of drops Tobasco Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of bullion Vegetable Broth.
Cut turkey sausage into thick slices. When hot add turkey sausage and saute until almost done. Note: the broth should just barely be at a simmer! The Louisiana meal of red beans and rice is typically made with pork: smoked, salted, roasted, or pickled.
Cheesy Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage step by step
- Prepare rice according to package instructions leaving out all optional ingredients and adding vegetable bullion..
- Cut turkey sausage into thick slices..
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and onions to a pan and turn on heat. When hot add turkey sausage and saute until almost done..
- Add black beans and cook for a few minutes until cooked..
- Add corn and peppers and cook a few more minutes until done..
- Add cooked rice, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and mix well..
- In bowl mix cheese soup, half and half, and Tobasco sauce..
- Add cheese soup to rice mixture. Mix well. May need to add a little oil (1 tbsp) to help with mixing. Cook until done..
Those all work well in this recipe (a pound of sliced and browned andouille sausage would be our choice), but the beans also shine with smoked turkey. If you don't have leftover smoked turkey, a smoked turkey leg is a good substitute. How to Make a Mexican Rice and Beans Skillet. First, sauté the onions in some olive oil until softened and lightly browned. Stir in the red pepper, sausage, garlic, cumin, and cayenne and cook for a few more minutes.