How to Prepare Perfect Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust)
Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust). Making home made turkey pot pies from scratch is a labor of love. I like to make these in stages. I will roast or poach a turkey one day and make home made.
Make a double batch of Buttery, Flaky, All-Purpose Pie Crust. Assemble pie and brush with egg wash; chill. Add chilled filling, top with upper crust, and brush all exposed crust with egg wash. You can cook Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust)
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 5 cup of Turkey (dark meat), shredded.
- Prepare 3 medium of Red Potatos.
- You need 1 cup of Sweet peas.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of Salt / Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of oregano / thyme / basil.
- You need 1 of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of Drippings or butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 cup of cheese, any kind.
- Prepare of Pie Crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 11 tbsp of Butter or Shortening.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 tbsp of cold water.
This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of meat and vegetables. Learn how to make an easy turkey pot pie with our recipe, made even better with a Pillsbury™ pie crust. It's a great dish for beginner cooks and busy families alike. Making Flaky Pie Crust — It's About the Method.
Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) step by step
- Prep your meat. My turkey was not pre made, so i seasoned it with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil and slow cooked it in my corck pot on HIGH untill I was able to easily shred it. But this will work great with left over meats..
- If you cooked your meat for this recipe, SAVE THE DRIPPINGS..
- Prep your potatos. Cut into small cubes. Oil a heavy skillet over MED-HIGH heat, and toss in the potatos..
- While potatos are cooking chop onion, and mince garlic. Add to potatos. Stir..
- Add your seasonings. Let cook untill they are fragarent..
- Add drippings, stir to coat. If you have no drippings add 1 or 2 pats of butter. Add flour, stir to coat. Let cook for about 1 minute..
- Add stock, and let it thicken slightly. You may need to reduce heat to MED-LOW..
- Test a potato. You want them to have a little firmness. DO NOT OVER COOK. The potatos will become too soft and get lost in the over all filling..
- Add meat and peas. Stir to combine..
- Taste for seasoning. Add if necessary..
- Fill your pie. Top with cheese before you put top crust on..
- Bake 450 untill golden brow..
- Let sit for 5 min before serving. Enjoy :).
- PIE CRUST:.
- In a large bowl add flour, shortening or butter, and salt. Cut with fork untill flour looks crumbly..
- Add water, mix untill all combined..
- Flour your surface, and rolling pin..
- Divide dough in half and roll out 2 crusts..
- Flash bake the bottom crust before filling..
What's more important than the vodka is the way you combine the flour and fat (in our case, butter). Remember that gluten is our enemy when it comes to pie dough? Well, Cook's Illustrated found that if you thoroughly mix part of the flour with the fat. Turkey pot pie is one of my favorite leftover turkey recipes! Made with a creamy turkey filling baked into a pie crust, it is quick and easy to prepare! · Reinvent your holiday leftovers with these adorable turkey pot pies.