Recipe: Perfect Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a. Turkey pot pie like you have never tasted before.
This turkey pot pie recipe is just down home country cookin' –no bells or whistles, just comfort food like we like it. You can make a chicken pot pie like. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. You can cook Turkey Pot Pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Pie
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Munched onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 14 oz of Chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 3 cup of Diced or shredded turkey.
- It’s 2 cup of Mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1 can of Buttery biscuit dough(tube).
Its the perfect little twist on the chicken classic! Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey and any additional vegetables you have to. Update- I tried it this year with the new Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, it turned out wonderful, see the photo I took! Pot pies are the pinnacle of Southern comfort foods.
Turkey Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter. Add onions..
- Add flour, salt and pepper. Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk..
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbly..
- Stir in turkey and vegetables. Remove from heat..
- Pour mixture in u greased 9×13 casserole dish..
- Flatten biscuits out to about 1/4 inch thick. Lay on top of mixture. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown..
A warm creamy stew of classic veggies and turkey morsels wrapped up in a golden flaky crust and served in the beloved family casserole dish. For a hearty dish, make Food Network Kitchen's Turkey Pot Pie recipe, a comforting dish of shredded turkey, veggies and gravy, wrapped in buttery pastry dough. This turkey pot pie has a Cajun twist, starting with the trinity of onions, celery, and green bell peppers, and spiced up a bit with Cajun seasoning. It's topped with a flaky, buttery crust, which is in my opinion. Thanksgiving leftovers make the perfect pot pie: turkey or chicken, onion, celery, stuffing, and pie The site may earn a commission on some products.