How to Cook Appetizing Sweet stuffed paratha pooran Poli
Sweet stuffed paratha pooran Poli. Puran Poli is a sweet flatbread stuffed with a sweet lentil filling made from skinned spilt bengal gram and jaggery. You can serve puran poli warm or at room temperature with milk, ghee or curd (yogurt). With its numerous variations, puran poli is eaten across length and breadth of India and this recipe is for making one of most widely popular, sweet and savory, elaichi (cardamom) flavored pooran polis having delicious stuffing made of tuvar dal. confused with any paratha recipe or dal paratha recipe. the texture and appearance is very similar but differs with stuffing. in addition, while the poli finally do visit my other indian sweet recipes collection with this post of puran poli recipe . it includes recipes like gulab jamun , rasgulla , rasmalai , instant.
I grew up seeing amma make this for Puran Poli is a sweet flatbread stuffed with a sweet lentil filling made from skinned spilt bengal gram and jaggery. Puran Poli – Sweet and aromatic stuffed flatbreads made with lentils and whole wheat flour and pan fried with generous amounts of ghee! Puran Poli – An Indian delicacy made by stuffing soft whole wheat dough with soft cooked yellow lentils, jaggery/brown sugar, cardamom, nutmeg and saffron. You can have Sweet stuffed paratha pooran Poli using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet stuffed paratha pooran Poli
- You need 1 cup of Wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need as needed of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of toor Dal (split pigeon peas).
- You need 1 pinch of saffron.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of ghee.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mix dry fruit powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
For me puran poli has to be soft, flaky and thin. When you try to make them at home they turn out to be like a thick stuffed paratha, but Technorati Tags: puran poli, pooran poli , karthigaideepamrecipes, diwali recipes , festival recipes, indian sweet recipes, sweet paratha, sweet dal paratha, poli recipes. Puran poli/ Bobbattu is an Indian sweet flatbread that has its origin from Andhra Pradesh. The various names for the flatbread include Bobbattu or Baksham or Oliga in Telugu.
Sweet stuffed paratha pooran Poli step by step
- Take a pot for boil the toor Dal (split pigeon peas). Now make stuff. For that take another pot and put 2 TSP of ghee and add the boiled toor dal..
- Now add 1 cup of sugar and let burn the water out of it. When it's done add mix dryfruit powder, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, saffron and mix it well. after that let it be cool.
- Now make a dough for paratha. take 1 cup of wheat flour add 1 TSP oil pinch of salt and water as needed. Make same portion balls for both. Now make round roti for stuffing..
- Now put a ball of stuff and make a stuff paratha. Now to fry paratha put a roti tawa on gas..
- Now put the stuffed paratha on medium hot tawa. And fry.
- To fry Put some ghee on both side and fry it from both side. And your sweet stuffed paratha (pooran Poli) is ready to serve hot.
Pooran Poli is a West Indian Specialty. This is a sweet, lentil stuffed bread. Like any other Indian dish there are many ways to make this delicious bread. One of my Marathi friends used to make pan fried pooran poli's (stuffed paratha style). So you have an option to cook it your way….