Recipe: Tasty Ground Turkey a la King
Ground Turkey a la King. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Turkey, peas and mushrooms in a creamy sauce to serve over puff-pastry boats, biscuits, toast or rice. Add the green pepper and cook until it's tender, stirring occasionally.
I'm used to having turkey a la king served over wide noodles from when I was a kid – we didn't have any so served it over left over stuffing. Overall a good recipe to play with. This turkey a la king is an easy recipe with leftover turkey and vegetables. You can cook Ground Turkey a la King using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Turkey a la King
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large celery stalk, minced.
- Prepare 20 oz of lean ground turkey.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 pinch of Herb de Provence.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers, chopped.
- It’s 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 packages of pasta.
Serve on toast, split baked biscuits, hot cooked rice, or noodles. It's great on puff pastry shells or cornbread wedges as well. For a low carb dish, serve turkey a la king with spaghetti squash, zucchini or summer squash noodles, or cauliflower rice. Alternatively you could serve turkey a la king over thick Texas toast instead of biscuits.
Ground Turkey a la King step by step
- Cook onions, celery and carrots in the oil until soft..
- Add ground turkey, peppers and seasoning. Cook until the meat is done..
- Pour in broth and add the mushrooms..
- Mix flour and milk in a small dish..
- Once the broth starts to get hot, pour in the thickener..
- When done serve with cooked pasta or over rice..
This easy turkey a la king recipe is so versatile. Traditionally turkey a la king is really chicken ala king and placed over toast, pasta or rice. Turkey a la king is our family's favorite way to use up leftover turkey. If the question is what to do with leftover turkey? The answer in our household is make turkey a la king.